The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

I am still not sure if I keep it :wink: 

Keep it and enjoy it :joy:

I detect hesitation...evidently not your colour-set :roll: 

nope, not really. It was supposed to be for somebody who loves rainbow colours, but we both decided it would be better on a younger person :p 

:old: :old: 

I am sure it will find a good home sooner or later. The good thing with this kind of stuff, it keeps ... :p 

:wink:  That is true. The right person comes along and :joy: .

finished another one, this time it is big and very winter-y (as in thick). It's a cotton blend, so it's not sweaty hot.

dimrill_2588.jpg

:oh: Looks squishy warm :manic:

(for yourself?)

yep, for myself :yes: :manic:  I had the yarn lying since spring, but thought I'd rather do a few summery things before this winter pattern :yes: 

:smart:  :up:  

Last week I made some hats. The black shapes on the lower one are supposed to be fishing boats. The brown patches below the boats are supposed to be sheep :blush2:  I should have used white yarn (oh well). I found some freebie patterns, the boats and sheep are the Shetland Wool Week 2019 official hat pattern :sheep:

i made some hats.jpg

PS - the hat on the left is called Saxifrage, the upper right one is Yule (found via ravelry...)

PPS - I do not follow patterns precisely :lol: 

oh I love them! :oh: You made three in one week? :shock: I suspect I wouldn't have the patience for all the colour changes … (and to sew up all the yarn ends … :duck: :runaway: )

We do not need to see inside the hats 😇

The method is Fair Isle (probably other names throughout Europe) with two colours per row, knitting with one colour in each hand to do the Shapes or geometric design. It makes a double fabric for warmth. I used up a hodge-podge of yarn bits.  :yes:

P

2 hours ago, bess said:

We do not need to see inside the hats 😇

:roflmao: :up: :smooch: 

It has the precise same name here; Fair Isles are / is in Scotland :yes: I love the hodge podge :yes: :up: 

All of these are wonderful :swoon: