The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

the craft scene is interesting. one thing i'd like to try is working with glass, making beads.

i have some artisan-made beads, promise to post a piccy when i can.

i am wondering … i have an idea for a SMALL group project, and now i find that maybe we need a place for stuff like that, because this forum is so overwhelmingly totally photographic :lol:

do we need a forum for that? or will that be too many forums, then?

Guest Sue

Have no real problem with a new forum, but I think this one is only coincidentally overwhelmingly photographic and by putting a craft project in it will, itself make it less so...so not sure a separate forum would be well used.

Did that make sense at all?

Have no real problem with a new forum, but I think this one is only coincidentally overwhelmingly photographic and by putting a craft project in it will, itself make it less so...so not sure a separate forum would be well used.

makes perfect sense :yes:

I don't think we need a whole new forum :no:

Guest Candy

i agree with Sue :yes:

:oh: wouldn't it depend on what the SMALL group project is? :angel:

:oh: wouldn't it depend on what the SMALL group project is? :angel:

Good point, bessie :yes:

Just how SMALL is small? :huh:

:manic::p

well … :oh: i think i do not really want to start anything that would turn out to be a huge commitment, or in any way more intimidating than fun … what i have been thinking of was a chain of postcards.

i haven't really thought it out much yet, but what i have in mind so far is that we do a list, and the somebody on top of the list sends a postcard to the somebody on #2. the postcard should be either a homemade one, or a ready-made one with some embellishments - it could be everything from art to fun stuff (some art is fun stuff, too :p ). postcards should be sent in envelope so they dont arrive in too battered a state …

recipient scans / photographs postcard, and makes one to send to #3.

as i said … a small project. :oh:

Guest sprouty

Here are a couple of pics of a few of my stain glass pieces. I have more that I'd have to upload. Of course most of you will know my pride and joy is my fireplace screen that is the theme of the Hobbit. Smaug over Lonely Mountain, Gandalf and the One Ring with Mt. Doom. That one I'll have to upload latter.

This is my lamp in our lounge.

d73c5cec.jpg

Guest sprouty

I created this for my husband for his office. It is the logo for the Golf Course where he is the Superintendent.

TBRLogo2.jpg

Sprouts, they are lovely :swoon:

that lamp is making beautiful coloured shadows on the wall, too.

i think i am going to split the thread and make one for the postcard renga, okay?

Guest Candy

:wow: Sprouty, they are beautiful, especially the lamp :swoon: how long does it take to make such a lampshade?

i think i am going to split the thread and make one for the postcard renga, okay?

:yes:

Guest sprouty

Of course we all know the story of this piece.

As for fingers surviving working with stain glass, no matter how thick the callous on each finger becomes, there are still many times I donate my blood freely. It all depends on the type of glass selected. Some have shards that are better then any surgeons scaple. Doing my fancy soldering is another time that I will tear my fingers to shreds if I gets points unwanted. If I'm trying to do dragon claws with the soldering then I'm expecting points and careful while feeling the soldering lines.

Logo2.jpg

As for fingers surviving working with stain glass, no matter how thick the callous on each finger becomes, there are still many times I donate my blood freely. It all depends on the type of glass selected. Some have shards that are better then any surgeons scaple. Doing my fancy soldering is another time that I will tear my fingers to shreds if I gets points unwanted. If I'm trying to do dragon claws with the soldering then I'm expecting points and careful while feeling the soldering lines.

ouch :neutral:

i have a lovely red and silver picture frame made by Sprouts :yes: