The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

Guest sprouty

Candy - the time for making a lamp shade depends on the design, if you work on it each and everyday, if all supplies are available at the start.

This shade above took me about a total of 5 - 6 weeks. I made another just like this one but different colors for my mother as a Christmas gift, and that one only took me 4 - 5 weeks. I got faster. :jump2: I also cut the cost considerable by purchasing all the bevels directly instead of through the glass studio I go to for the glass. I saved more then 80% per bevel.

I'll post a pic of my mother's soon in the different color for you to compare the completely different effect. I would never have choosen the glass she did but it turned out very beautiful. Rich tones of reds, purple and bevels. Her kitchen changed completely once I hung the lamp.

Her kitchen changed completely once I hung the lamp.

i can imagine.

Guest Sunflowerwoman

I always thought that arts and crafts belong in the Big Picture Window. I don't think that we need a different forum for them. If I'd ever get pictures of some of the jewelry that I've made, I'll post them. I'd like to take part in the postcard sway, but I'd like to be place late on the list. I'm swamped until the end of July.

i have a lovely red and silver picture frame made by Sprouts :yes:

You are very lucky, then :oh: Her pieces are gorgeous. :swoon:

i am going to make a pic and post it. :yes:

Am not jealous Am not jealous Am not jealous

:neutral:

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm as :green: as a pea

Am not jealous Am not jealous Am not jealous

:neutral:

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm as :green: as goli

:crit: Not quite :evildb:

Oh Sprouty! Those are all wonderful. I really love the lamp! I'm mean REALLY! The colors, the design, everything about it.

The postcard swap sounds like fun. I'd be interested. ( although I like the sound of a "postcard sway" too! :lol: )

Guest Girl from Mars

That lamp is a jewel :swoon::jump:

Guest Candy
Candy - the time for making a lamp shade depends on the design, if you work on it each and everyday, if all supplies are available at the start.

This shade above took me about a total of 5 - 6 weeks. I made another just like this one but different colors for my mother as a Christmas gift, and that one only took me 4 - 5 weeks. I got faster. :jump2: I also cut the cost considerable by purchasing all the bevels directly instead of through the glass studio I go to for the glass. I saved more then 80% per bevel.

thank you, Sprouty :flower:

We have two Sprouty pieces in our home - a heart shaped sun-catcher with textured green and etched clear glass and little silver dragonflies, and a "nature" themed frame which was a wedding present. The frame is made from fantastic organic looking green and blue glass and has silver leaves as embellishments.

Both pieces are utterly treasured.

Guest Sue

Sprouty! :swoon: simply stunning...particularly the divine lamp!

sprouts.jpg

my picture frame from Sprouty :heart:

(in a slightly untypical setting - the place is not quite as old-fashioned as this detail makes it look :lol: )