The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

THE FOUR WORD STORY GAME

Goli, the ducky, and i have been plotting in secret because we want to start a new game – the FOUR WORD STORY. as you may realise, it is an improved version of the two-word-story game. we have made up a few simple rules to avoid what we feel was the problem with the two-word version, namely endlessly long sentences that in the end didn't add up to anything, which resulted in quickly fading interest.

so - here are the rules:

* each post adds four words to the story

* it is not permitted to follow up own posts

* no sentence is supposed to be longer than about 35 words

* the one who closes a sentence, can set an easy rule for the next one (like, only words with an F in it, or no e's allowed)

* the plot has a set of given characters, and in addition, everybody is allowed to invent one more character. please give a short summary of the new character when you introduce them.

* names count as one word

"technically" i would find it helpful if we used the quote option, delete the [ quote] [ /quote] tags, and add the new words - that way it would be easier to keep track of the sentence. each time a sentence is complete, we can add it to the ones hopefully already existing.

the ducky has done the honours and has written the beginning of the story:

HAMBURG ...

It wasn’t too often that Mackie had formal dinners in her house, that too with ‘grown ups’ as guests. Yesterday she had put everything together. It had taken her till 4 in the morning but now her fridge was stacked.

The next morning, she woke up around noon. When she stepped out of the bathroom she heard cheerful whistling. Loki. He brought a smile to her lips till she noticed he was eating.

“Morning,” said Loki. “Want to nibble?”

“Nibble?” Mackie whispered. That was tiramisu on his plate. THE tiramisu which was supposed to be the dessert de force tonight. Except four-fifths of it was in Loki’s tummy.

Mackie felt a dark wave of premonition. “What have you not eaten?” she asked in a quavering voice.

Loki looked startled. “Not eaten? I ate everything. Why would you want my leftovers?”

A LITTLE WHILE LATER IN A PLACE NEAR ASGARD …

“She did what?” Hel’s voice screeched powerfully through her royal hall. “How dare she tell you that you are not allowed to step foot in her kitchen?” Hel raged. “How DARE she?”

“I wish I could cast a spell on that kitchen", said Loki,"so that she can’t step a foot inside it. It’d serve her right.”

Hel’s eyes twinkled. “Now there’s an idea…” she said.

BACK IN HAMBURG …

Mackie took a deep breath. She would begin by figuring out what was left of her beautifully-planned meal. Mackie walked up to the kitchen but the moment she put her foot through the door, she pulled it back with a start because it felt like it was burning. A message appeared on the door written in fiery letters: Hel’s Daddy’s Kitchen.

Mackie gulped and turned around immediately. Then she went to the computer and typed out an email to her gang at the Fort: “HELP!”

A WHILE LATER …

the players so far:

Mackie - i refuse to give a description :lol:

Loki - a shifty character from Norse mythology with a healthy appetite and bad manners

Hel - his daughter, reigning over the Norse underworld

Dr. David von Pfill, Mackie's idiot neighbor, something of a know-it-all who can lecture everyone, get underfoot, and screw up everything anyone else has fixed or tried to fix, one who fancies himself a gourmet cook, a plein air artist, a so far unpublished author of defective, er, detective/science fiction, and a relationship expert. retired, so he has plenty of time on his hands to meddle.

Tiberius Warren Ambrosius Norman Gordon (Goli's addition) - Sent by Goli to "help" - a chef extraordinaire who has an unfortunate resemblance to Chef Gordon Ramsay. One has a strange feeling he and the good Dr. von Pfill will NOT prove to be the best of f - - - ing friends

Hot Sex Fairy (Jana's addition) – she is all about solving and creating Hot Sex problems. Being a fairy she has some magical powers but they are all very basic and all directly connected to Hot Sex. For instance, she cannot pull bunnies out of hats, unless they're playboy bunnies.

A WHILE LATER …

The doorbell rang and

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately.

First rule for first new sentence: The new sentence CANNOT begin with "It was . . . "

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell disaster, my dear! Probably

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell disaster, my dear! Probably used too much brandy

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell disaster, my dear! Probably used too much brandy on the pêches flambées

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell disaster, my dear! Probably used too much brandy on the pêches flambées - flambées challenge amateur chefs."

Rule for next sentence - "Mackie" may NOT "groan", "hiss", "mutter", or "snarl" in reply to Dr. David

The doorbell rang and someone started pounding immediately. Dr. David Von Pfill shouted, "I smell disaster, my dear! Probably used too much brandy on the pêches flambées - flambées challenge amateur chefs."

Mackie dropped the heavy

( :p )

Guest nori

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently

Guest Sue

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently on her toe. She

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently on her toe. She yelped, and yelled furiously

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently on her toe. She yelped, and yelled furiously. Dr. Pfill's ears turned red.

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently on her toe. She yelped, and yelled furiously. Dr. Pfill's ears turned red. "This skillet is not

Guest Sue

Mackie dropped the heavy and smoking skillet accidently on her toe. She yelped, and yelled furiously. Dr. Pfill's ears turned red. "This skillet is not atune with the cosmic