The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

The Brush, The Pen, And The Pencil

wow!!! :wow: you are one clever and talented lady. :smooch: those are great gifts, and the soap bubble idea is very cool! :oh:

what size are they? about 30x30? you have a very good eye for composition, sweet.

Wow! These are incredible.

I loved The Smiths growing up - they were great company for my angsty moments :lol:

Guest Candy

wow! :swoon: these are great, Narc. :yes: you are very talented. :kiss:

storm.jpg

Oooh, I think I missed this before - that is beautiful mad. It looks like an illustration for a very cool book.

:smooch:

Mackie they're 40x40. wow i remembered the first as much bigger but now i've been doing a 3x 35x70 triptych kind of thing and suddenly 40x40 seems tiny. not done yet but could work, very different from these. :yes:

Rain :lol: it's indeed the ultimate teenage angst music!

:smooch:

Mackie they're 40x40. wow i remembered the first as much bigger but now i've been doing a 3x 35x70 triptych kind of thing and suddenly 40x40 seems tiny. not done yet but could work, very different from these. :yes:

you do realise, of course, that we will want to see that, too, once it is finished :yes::oh::db:

thanks Rain - it was for a (not quite so cool) story over on FOP....

Narc - canvas :shock: canvas is scarey! needs stretching and priming and all that! Oils or acrylic? (i'm nosey, that's my problem!) the triptych sounds very cool and yes - we want to see it!!!!!

i think i was too old for the Smiths to coincide with my angsty phase - Dory Previn, Janis Ian, Patti Smith seem to linger in my memory... :dunno:

Narc - canvas :shock: canvas is scarey! needs stretching and priming and all that! Oils or acrylic? (i'm nosey, that's my problem!) the triptych sounds very cool and yes - we want to see it!!!!!

:lol: oh i am lazy, i get ready stretched & primed ones. been meaning to get a roll of canvas and see if i can figure out how to do it myself but i don't know money saving it is really. easier to get what you want of course.

they're acrylics. i would never be organized enough to make an oil for a particular occasion, with the drying time :p

Mad, I loved the artwork you did for the FOP story, but agree about the actual story part. Too many cooks and each of them cooking something completely different. I was very disappointed at the direction it took after my bit. ( which of course I thought was brilliant! :roflmao: )

Rather than a lovely stew with lots of meat & veg & sauce we had, in the end, a kind of spaghetti/goulash/curry/trifle thing. :roll::roflmao:

Narc, my son, Matt, has used both ready prepped canvas & made his own and after you get into it and do the initial outlay for equipement you do save alot on doing it yourself.

thank you hobbie :kiss:

Narc, my son, Matt, has used both ready prepped canvas & made his own and after you get into it and do the initial outlay for equipement you do save alot on doing it yourself.

huh, i'll definitely look into that then. could be fun too, and nice to always have it at home when the inspiration pops up, and not having to go to town because then i usually end up not doing it.

gave it to my friend yesterday and she got all mushy. my goal! oh and what's pretty exciting is that i posted these on a small music forum yesterday and immediately got 2 people wanting me to make paintings for them! Not that i take much for them but the shipping still makes it cost them a bit so it's quite flattering. :chacha:

go you!!!!

:joy:

gave it to my friend yesterday and she got all mushy. my goal! oh and what's pretty exciting is that i posted these on a small music forum yesterday and immediately got 2 people wanting me to make paintings for them! Not that i take much for them but the shipping still makes it cost them a bit so it's quite flattering. :chacha:

:oh::manic: that is cool :flower: