The Hidden Fortress
jana

Watching TV

i don't do it much BUT :pooky: and i finally watched a show (on dvd... so we could see the entire season in a heady, hilarious rush) to which we are addicted - "weeds." i LOVE it. starring mary louise parker and elizabeth perkins, it's great stuff and suburban america was never so ... ahem... intoxicating. :lol:

has anyone else seen this series?

i have never heard of it, but i googled it and it sounds good :oh:

it's about a mother of two who becomes a local drug peddler after she is unexpectedly widowed. far from maudlin and full of cruelty and love and joy and whoops of laughter, the series is wonderful. mary louise parker is the angelic drug peddling mom (who is a delight) and it has elizabeth perkins being the mommy from hell. in one episode, she replaces her daughter's chocolate bars with bars of chocolate flavoured laxative because the 8 year old is "overweight". :shock: the net result - the child earns herself the title of "shit girl".

of course, she has her revenge. she replaces her mum's laxatives with immodium tablets. :evil::lol:

of course, she has her revenge. she replaces her mum's laxatives with immodium tablets. :evil::lol:

:lol: ouch.

might be one to get the dvd of :yes: i do not think it is on tv here, and even if it was, it would be dubbed, and cut up for commercials. :bb:

:yes: Weeds was superb TV. Elizabeth Perkins is the revelation for me- she is cast against type and loving every minute of it.

And I love that they use 'Little Boxes' for the theme song - wasn't someone talking about that song here recently?

We've only had the first season over here - I think it was about 11 episodes.

found out that season 1 on region 1 dvd is only € 16,39 at play.com :oh: might give it to myself as a rewoard when i have finished the season brochure :yes:

rain, twas me humming "little boxes". there's a car company using the pete seeger version in an advert. i love the soundtrack of "weeds" as well. there's some absolute gems in there. :lol: like right now i have a song that goes "ganja baby" running in my head. :lol::frog::p

not sure if there is a season two but will definitely be pestering dvd man to get it. :oh:

:sing: little boxes on the hillside

little boxes made of ticky tack... :roll:

Boo, this would be a good place for your "Dr.Who" :manic:

:yes:

most definitely!!

(not because of my being anal, but to be able to find it :lol: the other threads are eating stuff like this too fast.)

Marvellous idea :flower:

So, the new Dr Who. Wasn't too sure about the baddie and her henchmen who reminded me of The Stig from Top Gear. But I really, really like Martha - I think she'll be a fab assistant. She has a brain, which does make a change. Plus I don't think she'll do the whole jealous routine everytime another female looks at the Doc like Rose did (got rather tiresome, that did).

I liked the way she said she had a cousin who worked in Canary Wharf, which ties in nicely with her demise last series :yes:

And some people are calling it the 4th series, when its actually the 30th :crit: Not that I'm being a nerdy geek or anything :no:

And did anyone watch this programme with Louis Theroux last night? :shock::neutral:

I didn't double post, honest :no: Stupid board's gone tits up again :crit:

well given mostly tits come in twos, double post is only regular. :yes:

:lol: (can't say anything topic related becasue i haven't seen this.)

Are they not showing Dr Who in Germany yet? Or are you not bothering to watch?