The Hidden Fortress
jana

Watching TV

Stupid moi was forgetting about timelines :thonk:

And I LIKE that theory about the Doc being responsible :yes:

TRIVIA ALERT: from the Who website: Gridlock is the 727th episode of Doctor Who. This will break the record held by the various series in the Star Trek franchise. They amassed a combined total of 726 episodes between them. :joy:

The beautiful description of Gallifrey's burnt orange skies and silver leaves was first heard way back in the 1964 story The Sensorites. (madnote - if the skies are that colour, the visual spectrum is likely to be different on Gallifrey - this would mean the TimeLord's visual senses would be significantly different from humans...)

The only other occasion that the Doctor has faced his crabby opponents was in 1967, when his second incarnation (Patrick Troughton) defeated them in The Macra Terror. (madnote - i must have seen it but i can't remember!)

(and Moo - :smooch: for :dalek:)
:manic::smooch:

(just made a typo - Tome War - isn't that the 4-word story!!??)
:roflmao:

TRIVIA ALERT: from the Who website: Gridlock is the 727th episode of Doctor Who. This will break the record held by the various series in the Star Trek franchise. They amassed a combined total of 726 episodes between them. :joy:

HA! :db: Eat dust, Trekkies! :db:

:p

The only other occasion that the Doctor has faced his crabby opponents was in 1967, when his second incarnation (Patrick Troughton) defeated them in The Macra Terror. (madnote - i must have seen it but i can't remember!)

It's nice when they bring in the old baddies that the young 'uns won't know about :yes:

I saw a trailer on TV last night for the series that Oggi & I saw being filmed when I was in LA last year :yes: It's called 'What About Brian?' and looks kinda rubbish, but it'll be interesting to see if I can recognise where they were filming.

:lol: now i see you spending 20+ nights staring at a rubbish tv series trying to recognise the background :lol:

:manic: I'm hoping its in the first episode. :lol:

I can't remember which one they were filming. Just that they told us to get off the hotel balcony and that Meara, Jett and Oggi couldn't park in the car park. And some idiot woman thought I was Australian :crit:

I think we decided to walk down the stairs halfway though filming and Meara was a bit worried that they'd come and shout at us. I said let them :db:

I think we decided to walk down the stairs halfway though filming and Meara was a bit worried that they'd come and shout at us. I said let them :db:

those tv people are taking themselves far too seriously :yes: i remember when i was using one of those huge machines for evening out and sanding the wooden floor in the studio ages ago, they were filming something or other in the house next to us, and at one point they came and said we couldn't keep using the machine.

:neutral:

hello? some people actually have plans! and book machines! and don't give a flying fuck if there is a mediocre tv series being shot in the vicinity :p

and also - a bit of real life is okay for a tv series :lol:

eventually they called and said we should please (first time that word came into it) keep the machine on for the next ten minutes :lol: the sound guy recorded it from where they were, and that way they had what is called "athmo" as in athmospheric sound, to mix into the scenes were it was not. that way it is the same background sound through all the scene, and no problem.

:roll:

those tv people are taking themselves far too seriously :yes: i remember when i was using one of those huge machines for evening out and sanding the wooden floor in the studio ages ago, they were filming something or other in the house next to us, and at one point they came and said we couldn't keep using the machine.

:neutral:

Fools! :crit::db:

hello? some people actually have plans! and book machines! and don't give a flying fuck if there is a mediocre tv series being shot in the vicinity :p

Exactly! Are they going to pay for you to re-hire the machine? NO! :muppet:

And I didn't go all the way to LA to sit in a hotel room whilst people filmed outside :no:

And I didn't go all the way to LA to sit in a hotel room whilst people filmed outside :no:

precisely :manic:

There's a big, fat Dr Who spoiler on the cover of the Radio Times:Radio Times

How is that even possible?! :huh::huh2:

seen it. :neutral: weird. good looking guy, huh? think the thinking behind it is that the :dalek: were the original GM creations, and Dalek Sec is taking it on to the next level in the quest for galactic domination.

...wonder if he can climb stairs........

i like the way his tentacles are clinging lovingly to his brains :p:alien:

that's a statement that doesn't need a typo........