The Hidden Fortress
jana

Watching TV

Twin Peaks - ooohh yeesss! Toadly required viewing. Completely nuts but great... cherry stalks! :shock:

It took me a minute to get that, Mad. :roflmao: I didn't think that was possible but my daughter can do that. I told her not to tell anyone. :evildb::roflmao:

Leland just completely creeped me out. Even in the beginning. I'm going to try to rent the dvd of the early episodes. Those were little film noire masterpieces. The very first one hooked me with the scene of Shelley and I'veforgot hisname cannoodling in his car and then the shot of her husband in his truck.

It was all so rich & layered with so many good story lines interweaving and the WTF?! factor.

That show could have been filmed here. When people on boards would ask me what it's like where I live, I'd say, "Twin Peaks". :roflmao: The log trucks rolling through town and the diner & rather excentric police dept. And I've mentioned it before, but the music was such a big addition to the mood. Brilliant.

I think sometimes people think that living in the country is all perfect and idyllic but I really "got" what Ken Kesey was saying in Sometimes a Great Notion about all the rain & trees & solitude driving some people crazy. Like some not being suited for city life or living on the prairies. We are lucky if we land by birth in our niche ( I did) but many need to find it....some never do and that can break a person.

My! This got all pompous didn't it?! :roflmao:

not really, no. :thonk:

i think it is very true. i think it is the reason a lot of big city people who migrate to the country because they think it is paradise, flee back to the city a few years later (and vice versa ...).

Guest Girl from Mars

Leo - shelley's vegetable husband - just plain creeps me out. :shudder:

And yes, the intro, with the music and the beautiful scenery is soooo gorgeous. I always wanted to steal the Twin Peaks sign :lol:

tell Bunny you need it - he can drive the runaway car :p

:car:

Yea! International heist! :chacha:

The opening shot of the Lodge on the water falls is supposed to be the lodge at Snoqualmie in Washington. That is about 20 miles from Seattle I think.

I've seen Snoqualmie brand oatmeal in the store with the Falls on it's label. It isn't as cool as a sign, but would you like some, Mars? :roflmao:

:dalek:

...just because...

:manic:

I've just been watching the BEST show ever! It's called America's Cutest Puppy and the title sums it all up. It's fun and cute and balm for the soul after a fairly horrific week in the news.

It is a sort of mini marathon I guess. The first epidsode was in L.A. and the one on now is in Arizona. The "contestants" are a very mixed bunch. The first one had a Belgian Bloodhound , a Terrier mix, A Shepherd mix, an American Bulldog & a Corgi as the 5 finalists. Most of the competition is the judges playing with the puppies. :roflmao: Lovely. :chacha:

Most of the competition is the judges playing with the puppies.

that's my kind of a competition :yes:

Most of the competition is the judges playing with the puppies.

that's my kind of a competition :yes:

I wannabe a judge :oh:

:dalek:

...just because...

:manic:

Hell, yeah :yes: Nice cliffhanger :oh:

And we all thought the Americans built the Empire State Building. Pah!

Can I be a puppy judge too?

no, you are supposed to be one of the puppies. :teaser: