The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

a dictionary for discerning minds

It is cool. I have a couple of Slang type reference books but it's always easier to just google it.

I originally found it while googling alot of British slang, stuff we heard in BritComs like pillock, berk, wanker & bint. All the essential social terms. :roflmao:

:roflmao:

yes, when i am looking for something in particular, i usually do that online, too, but i love to read in books like that. you find the most amazing stuff :lol:

It is cool. I have a couple of Slang type reference books but it's always easier to just google it.

I originally found it while googling alot of British slang, stuff we heard in BritComs like pillock, berk, wanker & bint. All the essential social terms. :roflmao:

Oh, that made me laugh out loud :lol::lol::lol: Sounds like a dodgy solicitors firm.

I shall use that phrase the next time someone annoys me :yes:

:roflmao:

And I did. I said it to my pc. Stupid IT system logged me out :crit:

hmph. then that was actually a mild reaction :p

are you pre-move or post-move?

Pre. Someone is supposed to be coming up to collect all my stuff. Of course, the department who organise all that couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery :no:, so goodness knows when they'll turn up. It took them 3 hours before to move one chair and one box upstairs when I started this job :neutral:

:waiting:

How about Jana's brilliant phrase, Sunday Banana Dance : the celebration, even if only in your head, when your work week is over.

A submission for the Dict.:

Shortie it out.

Meaning to write a Shortie instead of killing someone when they upset you. A cheap and fun alternative to psychoanalysis or jail.

By the time you've composed your Shortie and pruned it to exactlly 100 words you're probably calmed down.