The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

comments for the Shorties

Argument! :oh:

i love it. it is such a short distance, isn't it, to get any kind of arc done :lol: but you managed brilliantly. :flower:

i find it quite educational to par something down to exactly 100 words - to think about which word can go, and where more words are making sense even though i have to juggle.

thank you!

it is quite demanding, isn't it - finding the right words and then hacking back, or even adding, to make it fit while still making sense but not getting over the top or pointless...:roll:

good discipline for one who tends to use five wods where one would do!

yes, it can be quite a puzzle :lol: i had miscounted, and suddenly had ten too few :roll: fortunately i had written it with pen and paper, so i could get them back :manic:

it really is a cool idea. :flower: to whoever came up with it.

oh, and i have edited the "rules" as far as we have any, into the first post of the story thread.

apparently it's been lurking around for a while. clever whoever.

i liked the barbeque. have often wanted to do that to the noisy buggers at the bottom of Mum's garden! :manic:

(or should that be :pyromanic:)

Good idea about the rules!

...as far as i understand, or can see elsewhere, titles aren't in the 100 words. we could make it be that way if you think it's better, i can't see a problem either way. It depends... if the title then becomes part of the story ( which is why the 15 word limit i suppose...:huh: )

:lol: actually, the inspiration came from my nice new neighbour (young lady) having friends over for a barbecue yesterday, but that was all - they were nice, i enjoyed having the garden cared for and lived in again, and not used as a dump like that half of it has been for years, so it was really fictitious :lol:

Good idea about the rules!

...as far as i understand, or can see elsewhere, titles aren't in the 100 words. we could make it be that way if you think it's better, i can't see a problem either way. It depends... if the title then becomes part of the story ( which is why the 15 word limit i suppose...:huh: )

i think the title can be left out of the count. maybe the 15 words limit is necessary for when one is really desperate :lol: or it ends with a 25 words title :p

:lol: control the desperate!

Mad!!!! :swoon: business meeting is wonderful!!! :wow: that is a lot you managed to get into those 100 words without being hurried, or obtuse, or anything. absolutely awesome!!!!

:flower:

:takesabow:

thank 'ee kindly!

i love the dog one too. :yes: love the chilled calm of "business meeting". :star::scotch::oh:

Whoa! These are awesome! I love the pace of the BBQ one.

I knew right away the dog was a dog because it's so "true".

The business meeting is the tightest little gem. The last sentence totally zinged me.

I want to try this.

I want to try this.

do!! it is so much fun, almost like a puzzle.