The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
mad

The Patent Office

A most valid point, Jude :yes2:

Dippy, are you a closet Barbara fan? :shock::bigeyes:

i am quite sure she isn't :lol: i think she used Cartland to get this kind of reaction :p (evil Dippy :neutral:)

:insulted:

:angel:

merely an indication of the quantity of spray product available. i could have used JT Edson or other prolific author, but BC has the greatest (albeit drivelly-est) quantity that came to mind...

:p

I should probably not even comment. I've never actually read any Cartland. :blush2: That makes me like one of those people I look askance at because they criticize Tolkein ot Rowling for various things but haven't ever read them.

I have on occassion tried to read a Harlequin novel but can't get very far. For a long time I thought Georgette Heyer was in that catagory. :blush2: When I did read her work I loved it. Could it be Cartland is actually good? Has anyone here read her books. Because, ponder it for a moment.....if she IS good think of the years, nay, decades, of reading you'd have. :roflmao:

Could it be Cartland is actually good? Has anyone here read her books. Because, ponder it for a moment.....if she IS good think of the years, nay, decades, of reading you'd have. :roflmao:

i remember trying one of her books in translation a looooong time ago, and found it horrible :p so i guess you didn't miss anything, Jude :lol:

Could it be Cartland is actually good?

Don't be ridiculous :thonk:

:lol: that is quite a strict answer, isn't it :p

(but i checked out an excerpt i found online and it is hideous :lol: )

:lol: that is quite a strict answer, isn't it :p

The only thing her books are good for is keeping the fire going :yes2:

(but i checked out an excerpt i found online and it is hideous :lol: )

See what I mean? :nosee:

Oh, now I'm really curious. Is it horrid enough to be funny? I must go check it out.....

:roflmao: you have been warned! don't come and tell us it gave you a headache. :teaser:

I still haven't done it...got distracted by some pesky people wanting dinner. Honestly! :wink:

I found this passage:"She felt a sudden flame shoot through her body; she felt as if he drew her like a magnet into his keeping and that he would never let her go. She felt her lips respond to his and knew that this was a love which would never alter or grow less.

She felt him draw her closer still until they were one; indivisible - one heart, one soul, one love for all eternity. (Runaway Heart, 301-302)"

Oh.....dear. I think I need to do a brain cleansing, maybe watch a Thin Man movie or read a bit of Lymond to wash the sugar away.

It reads like an entry in one of those romance parody contests. How could anyone ever parody THAT?!

here is the excerpt i found - from "Apocalypse of the Heart":

Then the Prince said in a deep voice, “What are you wishing for?”

“I suppose I am wishing for happiness like anyone else would,” Alicia replied after a moment’s pause.

“That is what I want,” the Prince said, “but for me it can never come true.”

“Why not?” Alicia asked. As she looked up at the Prince, the words seemed to focus on her lips.

“I love you,” the Prince delcared. “I love you as I have never loved anyone before, and I know that you are who I have been looking for all my life.”

Alicia’s eyes widened but she did not reply. Then he went on, “I have traveled a great deal and I have seen women I thought were beautiful who attracted me. But I have never seen anyone as lovely and as perfect as you.”

Alicia was listening to him as if she were hypnotized. Her eyes were held by his; it was impossible to look away.

“I love you, I love you,” the Prince said. “I knew it from the first moment I saw you, but I realized last night you were as out of reach as if you were the Goddess Venus.”

:roflmao:

I feel quite queasy all of a sudden :bb: