The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
mad

The Patent Office

The disheartening part is that these books are very popular. This seems to be many women's idea of a romantic ideal. No wonder so many people are disappointed with the reality of marriage. At least the Disney heroines are getting progressively more spunky & having more realiastic romances.

I like fantasy but with a definite edge...if someone gets bitten it's even better. :roflmao:

Ad humour...where is the humour?!

Just looked on Wikipedia and there are 664 Cartland books out there :shock: I wonder if anyone has the entire set :roll:

:shock::nosee: when i imagine writing more than 600 books of that kind of … erm … :shudder:

:smug: see- lots of books - though in the bathroom library, they may actually be useful... how many times have we run out of bogroll..?

:p

They are probably more absorbent than the old Sears catalogue of out house legend. However they are already full of shit. :teaser:

The disheartening part is that these books are very popular. This seems to be many women's idea of a romantic ideal. No wonder so many people are disappointed with the reality of marriage. At least the Disney heroines are getting progressively more spunky & having more realiastic romances.

I like fantasy but with a definite edge...if someone gets bitten it's even better. :roflmao:

Ad humour...where is the humour?!

somehow i overlooked this post yesterday :roll:

yes, i think the lack of humour (apart from the unintended one) is a huge no-no. and never mind the romantic ideal - they seem to be plain stupid. and rather simple in writing, to say it nicely :sleepy: maybe she didn't write them herself but had others do it for her - she certainly made a lot of money with it.

Yes, I saw a pic of her home once & she seems to have bought every pink & lacy & fluffy thing in existence.

She might have published 600 some books but there were probably only a few basic plots with variations. I suppose she could have had a platoon of secretaries churning them out.

Yes, I saw a pic of her home once & she seems to have bought every pink & lacy & fluffy thing in existence.

:shock: örgs. :bb:

:lol. why is it that so many people with a lot of money seem to be doing only crap with it? :roflmao:

how could i have missed this:

Do you feel left out when others talk of their delightful baking? Help is at hand!

No more unproductive slobbering, no more feelings of envy - now your more culinary-inclined friends can send you homebakes and patisserie direct from the cooling rack to your desk with the amazing Fort Instantaneous Cookiefax!

Too hot? Too cold?

What you need is the amazing new Fort Weather Translocator! Get your friend in a happier climate to send you some of their weather.. better still, swap some of your chilly wind for some of her tropical heat, and you both feel better!

Fine weather for everyone is within our reach!! Don't delay, order today!

we are becoming the Acme Corporation!

:roflmao:

(what is the Acme Corporation?)

(i know, i should google it myself, but i have to go to bed :p )

(will do it tomorrow :yes::angel: )