The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

A&C chatter thread

i'll get Mum to model it all when she comes up next (end of Feb)

:up::yes:

that's a relief! i'd hate to besmirch my reputation.

:lol::smooch:

i am about to go yarn hunting - the current project is almost done, and even though i have several smaller things i want to make (a bear, and felted shoes), i need something for the tv. another blanket thingy, this time for Migi, and i am planning to take thicker yarn. not sure about the colour yet (i will have to ask the future owner :lol: )

Mum now wants a hat too, and says i could do one for her friend Jan. :crit: Mum's i can do, if i get some wool, as her head's about the same size around as mine, but i told her i'd need a piece of string the right length for Jan's.

my only problem is i can't actually watch anything while i'm crocheting or there is disaster. i can listen, though, so maybe more CDs in my future.

on the plus side, they're quick - i only started this one last night. and the mittenthings take a few hours each.

audiobooks :yes:

i can watch only with very simple knitting :lol: hence blankets - loooooooong rows of simple stitches :lol:

we are criss-cross-pesting :lol:

yes, i like quick projects :yes:

I love small quick projects as I get tired of the same colors in a bigger project. I'm just finishing up one now so will see what to make with the yarn Nori sent, the candy striped looks great and is so silky feeling, make a perfect light scsrf I think.

I've made hats for the kids in the past, sounds like your method, Mad. I just chain a length the circumference of the head in question and crochet a length that looks hat sized and join the ends to make a tube and then gather the top in a noose like closure.

I might go and splurge on some new yarn after next pay day. I'm feeling the itch.

not sure but i don't think it's quite like that, Jude...i made a chain my head size, and then made a circle. went round and round until i had a 5 inch high cylinder, and then made an edge (by crocheting from the other side..if that makes sense).... then i went inward, decreasing all the way, to make a flat top, spinning inward and closing the gap in the middle up all the way til i only had one stitch left. .....so it's more like a cake tin or saucepan than a windsock!

...i need to have another go.

:hat::roll::p

lerrrrv yarn looking :eye::oh: but too tempting :duck: so even though i was given a 30% off coupon by the little local yarn store, i resisted :sigh:

am determined to finish the several sweaters, sockthings and use up some yarn on hand (for more sweaters and sockthings :shock: ) and one blanket underway, made of squares. remind me i don't want to make this ever again :crit:

i will post a picture of the hat in progress with the dangly pearly markers :lol:

(soon)(i chattered about it in I See You :angel: )

is the blanket making too boring? or the prospect of having to assemble it?

i want a pic of the festive knitting :yes::oh:

yes the blanket-making in bits is boring. i'm going to machine sew them together :cheat: :yes2:

i prefer doing an all-in-one piece :yes:

didn't get a chance to go looking for new yarn today :sigh: ..any ideas what i can do with hairy part-Angora double knitting? ( :itch: )

Sometimes a bit of that sort of thing can be worked into a blanket as an accent, bit of texture. You could make something for giving away....at some time in the future. I keep a few scarves, pot holders, wristies etc, on hand for bazaars & raffles & gifts.