The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

A&C chatter thread

at first i thought it might be like the red-hat-lady thing :duck: which is so not me :no: but the purple is more blue :sweat: (whew)

:lol::smooch:

now i want to try my own advice on the double knitting :lol: i used to do this to make teddy bears of my handspun wool, i could make a teddy bear in two hours, from the legs up, and stuffing between the double knit layers as each part was completed. i was so utterly clever then :smart::neutral::crit:

:oh: that sounds amazing!! :oh: with all the babies around, i feel the urge to make dolls again … :lol:

and so i'll try a cuff for each wrist, one in the 2-needle and one in the 3-needle. and :photo: document it maybe :huh2: if i do it.

:oh: oh yes please!! and if putting pics online is to much of a hassle because of the slow connection, you can send them to me, if that makes things any easier?

looking forward to seeing the experiment!

it is ok on the posting, m, it is having to visit websites with more than one picture loading (:neutral: ) that my pc goes :slam::crit:

here is my knitting on the way down:

purple%20red%20sweater.jpg

That is a luscious color, Bess. :chacha: It looks pretty nearly done too.

:oh: lovely!! i remember (dimly :lol: ) having knitted with a pattern like that, too. i loved that i didn't have to assemble a lot of parts in the end :lol:

it is a modern folk way, with circular needles :p

sewing up the pieces takes already as much time as it does to make one of the pieces :neutral:

and so i'll try a cuff for each wrist, one in the 2-needle and one in the 3-needle. and :photo: document it maybe :huh2: if i do it.

..thinking i'll have to work out how i would continue up the hand then make a hole for the thumb. hmmm. it can be done, not sure yet how :thinkthinkthink: while :knit::roll:

sewing up the pieces takes already as much time as it does to make one of the pieces :neutral:

indeed. only it is much more boring. :crit:

yerss. so seems like it takes longer :neutral: :ennui:

so the body of my sweater is now as long as the sleeves. i'd like it longer by some inches, before doing the hem. i will make holes along the last row, then another two or three inches to fold up along the line of holes, and to finish, the idea is to knit the end stitches into the body of the sweater on the inside. or i might do a 3-stitch cord to cast off, that way there is a firm edge for attaching to the inside of the garment. the 3-stitch cord is also known as I-cord or Idiot Cord, but i think that is being mean :s

:duuuh: bess, i understood up until 'make holes along the last row' :roll: sometimes i think i am SOOOOOOO thick!

i always have the excuse of it being foreign language … :neutral:

:lol:

:lol:

they are eyelets, or just 'holes' *yarn over the needle, knit two together* repeat across the row, when folded this gives a 'picot' edge, or on something else such as a baby hat, a ribbon can be threaded through.

the yarn over makes a stitch (you swing it from the back of the needle to the front, on the knitter's side, in knit terms, 'as if to purl' ), the knit 2 together reduces a stitch and the space in between is the intentional hole.

i like the idea because it folds neatly, but i could also purl one row for the fold, too. the picot would go with the holes i made doing the raglan decreases (there you are mad, a good word, that. raglan. :silly2: )

easiest way to build a sweater :wink: but i will probably knit shoulder pads too :yes: on account of the way the raglans slope, on my already slope-y shoulders :neutral: