The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

look!

Leggy sends greetings, and asked to link to her friend's jewelry site: Stash Jewelry. which i hereby do. :p

(hey Legs :hey::smooch: )

ooh nice! like the 'Babylonian' necklace... :oh:

ah, that's me all over.... champagne taste, brown ale pocket..... :sigh:

Oh, she does rings. Very bad, very bad, look away....... :swoon:

I like the fruit pastel ring with the drusey and the kiss kiss one, the silver on that is awesome. Also love the design of the watchful eye. I see she does custom work. Oh, this is very bad. :silly2:

I like the fruit pastel ring with the drusey

yes!!!!! :oh: though i have no clue what the stone is. drusey?

have to look it up :lol:

block posters is GENIUS! except i don't have a wall free. :wail:

i like kiss kiss and art deco from leggy's friend's site. :oh: VERY tempted. :oh:

I have a ring with a drusey in it. The light play is gorgeous, it goes from aqua to cobalt blue to violet to deep purple depending on the angle of the light. It's rather fragile though being made up of tiny shards.

block posters is GENIUS! except i don't have a wall free. :wail:

i love them, too :yes: always think that i will find something to use it :yes::lol: it would work for a big text poster, too …

there was the most gorgeous picture in a magazine last month that i'd have on a wall if i had a wall space free - it was in a bluebell wood, and the photographer had moved the camera up and down over a 4 sec exposure - so it was really dreamlike - blue blue sea of bluebells, blurry tree trunks and ethereal green leaves... must have a go at the same technique sometime.

it sounds amazing :swoon:

the technique is fun!!! and the good thing is that you can just ditch everything you do not like … quota usually is about 85%, with me :p

That does sound lovely, Mad.

I saw a beautiful photo in a National Geographic to day. It was an aerial photo of part of the Great Wall of China, a section in a mountainous region. It was all blue & snowy with this amazing brick looking structure snaking through it, with rather medieval looking guard towers. I could happily give that house room. :chacha:

I did get a piece of art today to keep. After the school picnic Linda showed me some stuff the kids had done. They were hilarious. You take 4 people & each one does a different part of the drawing. These were all "people" and I use the term loosely. Some of them had heads with 15 eyes, the chest of a bear, the legs of a super model & huge clown feet. Each artist only saw his own part of the drawing till the end because of the way the paper was folded but they could make tiny marks to show where their part was on the paper so it all lined up.

I loved them and she said I could pick my favorite and keep it. ( see my problem with her? She keeps doing these random out of the blue graceful things. :roll: )

Anyway I picked one and it turned out that the head part, my favorite, was done by Rachel, the girl who writes. :roflmao::chacha:

I'll try to describe it. The head has stars for eyes, green & red mohawk type hair, and ears like those paper tube whistles people blow at parties.

The body is a big pink barrel shape with "I Love Pigs" on it's front and what looks like a tiny pig shaped growth on one arm.

The legs are 3 things that look like pantyhose when you first take them out of the package, all wrinkly & zig zaggy.

The feet are 3 limp green string like things of varying lengths with 3 long toes on the ends of each.

It lookd oddy "right" somehow.

it sounds wonderfully quirky :lol:

we used to do that kind of communal drawings when i was a kid :lol:

the new picasso. :wink::lol::heart: