The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

look!

there is a place called Spoonflower - they are printing your design on fabric. for now the site is beta, so you have to register, but there is a blog out there about it, too.

this could get interesting :oh:

there is a place called Spoonflower - they are printing your design on fabric. for now the site is beta, so you have to register, but there is a blog out there about it, too.

this could get interesting :oh:

:oh: Wow, that is such a great idea.

That looks very interesting. I love that "Tadaaa, you have made your first balloon!" :lol:

And her casual mention of her guillotine. :duck: Although I do know what that is, we have one at school. I hate it and the horrid suggestive noise it makes. :silly2:

:lol: i love them, even though i have a lot of respect - they can be really nasty.

I can't ever get anything cut evenly, the stupid ruler is offset so you have to guesstimate.

But the biggest thing is it's potential for chopping bits of people off. It is supposed to be turned back to the wall after use and have it;s blade fixed in place with a strap. NOBODY but me turns it back & the strap is broken. The kids aren't allowed to go near it and they are never in the library alone but it still gives me the wiggins.

:nosee: with children around that can be a real murder machine. :neutral: we had a big one in art school, and it was striuctly forbidden to leave the knife part up after cutting so it wouldn't come down on its own …

I hate those guillotine things. We have the slidey ones at work and I'm still convinced I'm gonna get my fingers trapped in there and sliced off :nosee::duck:

And Jude, no guillotine cuts straight :no:

And Jude, no guillotine cuts straight :no:

That is so true. I'm on my third and it still cuts a little wiggly for my eye - the one I have now is edged with a plastic ruler which of course dents and warps easily, or gets bits shaved off when you are cutting stuff. They're not much good really.

Matt works with a huge one at work at the print shop. It is very expensive and he said it work perfectlly unless the paper is at all dampish....then it's horribible.

yes, i guess then it starts folding it. :roll:

the good ones are expensive. :yes2:

:yes2: The one Mum had at her shcool was fab. The home crafts ones tend to be pants, sadly.

:oh: