The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
mad

The Big Picture 2

Ok here it is. You saw the last one. This is the summer version, due to have different birds.

First weekend work.

P5051431.jpg

P5051433.jpg

second session.... starting the reedbeds, buildings and tower...

P5051437.jpg

third session. reedbeds and plants, tower complete.

P5181439.jpg

P5181440.jpg

in context - the autumn/winter pic in place, and kids' corner at the visitor centre.

P5181445.jpg

WOW!!!! :oh::swoon: it already is looking good!! :flower: and it is very clear how much time has already gone into it.

i just hope that people appreciate it. :heart:

i get a lot of good comments.. and a lot of stupid ones, while i'm painting..

best stupid comment so far: Are you painting?

second best: Did you do all of it?

trouble is, i work with my iShuffle on, earphones etc... nobody sees these, and they can be talking to me for minutes before i realise! i don't want to stick another notice up but may have to 'i'm not ignoring you, i'm just zoned out and can't hear you!'

and every one who talks to me uses up at least 10 minutes painting time, while i explain stuff that's already on notices.

i'd love to know if anyone can tell the music that's been on through the reedbeds - these reeds were Seth Lakeman, these were Mark Knopfler, these were Dolly Parton and Kate Rusby.... :lol:

:lol: the musical reeds :p

you should put up a sign. :yes2: painting needs a special kind of focus, ane people need to respect that. but they probably don't know, so give them a chance to be decent :wink:

it's like, they want to watch (and i'm cool with that) but they feel they HAVE to comment (e.g. 'you've missed a bit!) if they do.... i thought they would notice thebig white earphones, but they don't. neither do some of the volunteers... there is one bloke who comes and sits beside me and tells me all his medical history......:sigh:

i feel so rude ignoring folks, too .... and it would reflect badly on the reserve...'nice place but the staff were ignorant..'

:roll: very frustrating situation for you :heart:

Wow, you have so much done already! :flower::flower: So cool!

I love that, "Are you painting?" :roll:

"First weekend work" - you did all that in a weekend?:shock: You are a marvel. That would take me weeks, and it would be nowhere near so pretty to look at. I am in awe of your skill - can't wait to see how it looks all finished.

i reckon there's about 35 hours work there so far. it went much faster than BigPic1 as i didn't have to sketch all the fields and houses etc to start with, just copy(ish) from the other one. patience? hmm, not so sure about that, i think i would go mad if i didn't have the music as distraction. though i have to be VERY careful not to start singing along... :blush2:

:lol: but if i sang along, most others would be, too!