The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
mad

The Big Picture 2

:crit: there are those who would disagree...... :manic:

this weekend i have mostly been doing the island.... the joy of gravel..... :roll:

P6011473.jpg

up close:

P6011471.jpg

the tyres, boxes etc are used by the chicks to escape predatory gulls.....

adding the greenery etc:

P6011477.jpg

P6011474.jpg

next weekend, reflections and edges around the pool. the bare bit at the bottom will be underwater, when the pic is up on the wall. Can't bend that far down!

:swoon: it is wonderful! i love to see the work in progress, to see the way you are building it.

and the gravel is looking perfect! not easy, either. :flower: (and now the tyres are making sense - i was a little :huh2: about them before :lol: but they probably make really good hiding places.)

also used as nesting spots (in the lower pics) ... i still have to add the birdshit, too!

also used as nesting spots (in the lower pics) ...

right! :lol: i see it now.

i still have to add the birdshit, too!

yes, all for realism … :poo:

This is amazing. I also love watching it develope and grow in layers. The gravel part with the tires and boxes is great, seeing it first & then with the added greenery.

Without your captions I would have thought it a very tidy dump. Get those things out of there! :roflmao: What would be fulfilling their function in a wilderness area? Boulders & brush?

terns tend to breed on shingle, sand and in dunes so i guess rocks and marram grass, whatever bushes were around, and flotsam and jetsam...

ok...yesterday - start of the reflections

P6071491.jpg

and today - more reflections (also started the cows) and the birdshit on the island

P6081492.jpg

P6081494.jpg

next weekend there is only one day for painting, so shall finish the cows, add some more (and maybe some sheep!) and if i'm brave and there is time,a bird may appear....

:oh::manic: it is great :yes: and it is completely amazing.

doesn't it make you feel like a Supreme Being, being able to create a whole world?? :flower:

This is just so wonderful! I really like the close-up of the newly poopified nesting site. The details of the plants are amazing and all the detail really shows up. :flower: I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't a photo.

:yes: one i shall have to use with my beach kids!!!!