The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
mad

The Big Picture 2

this weekend -yesterday - the waterline.

P8242525.jpg

today - more ghost birds.....

P8242521.jpg

P8242524.jpg

:swoon::wow:

mad, you wonderful thing you :smooch: it is getting better and better. :heart::high5:

:crit: it is getting frustrating - darn midgies!!!

you are really bringing this to life, Mad. Such amazing detail.

Have you seen the show Primeval? This painting makes me think of it. You should add a sea monster. :chacha:

I hear that Avon Skin So Soft is supposed to repell midges.

Have you seen the show Primeval? This painting makes me think of it. You should add a sea monster. :chacha:

:lol:

:lol: when i was in the RAF, we used to hav a an annual 'Summer Ball' where we decorated the place top to bottom -all the rooms had themes, and usually we covered the walls with paper and guess who ended up painting stuff all over them.... the year Jurassic Park came out was also an anniversary year for the RAF so we ended up doing one room with the Dambusters raid and another with the theme 'scramble' - aircraft from 1914 onwards in 'take-off' situations al the way round... only there was a pterodactyl amongst the bombers we stuck to the ceiling, a :dip: behind one of the Tornado hangers, a pleisiosaur in the water of the dam, a tyrannosaurus on the biplane dispersal.... :angel:

i normally use the Avon stuff, but wasn't expecting throngs of the little b(l)iters in the visitor centre --my ankle has been well chewed... ooooh.

I love the idea of the dino invaded Ball. :roflmao:

After you're bitten witch hazel is soothing. Or, something Kate & I found out one summer: Tucks, which are little pads in a jar of liquid used for hemmaroids soothing are good. The liquid in the jar stops the itch on the bites and the little pads are a handy way to apply it.

it is, of course, my left ankle, which is the one i have difficulty reaching! :lol:

it is, of course, my left ankle, which is the one i have difficulty reaching! :lol:

those pesky little blighters :crit:

finally - the rest of this year's efforts (the picture is now tucked away until next spring, and BigPic1 is in it's place.. i may have to add some stuff to that, too)

P9072535.jpgchicks on the island

P9072533.jpgswan and shoveler ducks

P9072539.jpgthe redshank (see ghost birds!)

That's it from BigPic2 until next spring!

:swoon: it really is such a lovely piece. of course i love the chicks on the island in particular, of course :oh: those cute fluffy little buggers :lol:

:flower:

It's just wonderful, Mad. The detail and life in it is perfect. :flower: I like the baby birds are my fave too.