The Hidden Fortress

comments for Jana's No Habla Espagnol

Mackie

Guest Girl from Mars

:wow: I think I must go to Spain soon. All these wonderful cathedrals! Hey, are these espadrilles, Anuvab is wearing? They sure look neat.

well, as i mentioned in my running commentary, pretty much all of germany was there so i think you'll feel right at home. :lol: they have german menus at restaurants and everything. :yes: interestingly, zero english. so anuvab and i had to pick up spanish pretty quickly. :lol:

:joy: pictures.... Very nice and i'm totally :green: as i allways dream of going to Granada...

but i don't know why,but, i allways end up going to India instead :wink:

Oh i see who you went with, :cool:

can't wait to see and hear more about it...

wonderful!

i love the green oasis in the station..... the ceiling in the cathedral is :swoon: - but the altar screen thing (reredos, i think is the proper term) is outrageously over the top!

cool shoes :pooky: !!!

..and then there's Cordoba - i love the Moorish arches. i'm a little worried about the psychopath apparently sitting behind A in the cafe.... :lol:

i like the black and white one of the Alhambra particularly - it seems to bring out the carvings...

:waiting: for Barcelona!

(and the picasa album is just marvellous!)

Oh, I just found this treasure trove. Just a quick first impression....I love the candy cane Muslim place. :chacha: And your sandals & A's shoes. And the photographer. :roflmao:

More later......

It's later. The Mosque Cathedral is amazing. Parts of it remind me of quilt patterns, parts look extremely serious & parts are pure whimsey.

I think my favorite pic is Anuvab in front of the "golden arches" :roflmao: Such a wonderful pairing. Modern & ancient. Human & stone.

Also a close second is the foot (purple toes) on the stone mosaic. Elegant, simple but rich in texture.

I love your goals for the trip, all three of you. I think maybe I agree with A's as it involves more scrumptious food. :chacha:

mad, glad you enjoyed the picasa album. kudos to you for having the patience to wade through 140 photos. :smooch:

cordoba was definitely the most impressive historically, i think. also a lovely little city. i think granada was the most beautiful though. or maybe that's the sangria talking. :roll: