The Hidden Fortress

FOOD!

Mackie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen oreos in the movies, but i never had one :no: i think we do not have them here.

:roflmao: It makes them sound like a mythical creature, like a Yeti or unicorn. :roflmao: I love it. Kate & I want to put that on a T-shirt. :chacha:

I personally don't like them. That probably makes me un-American or something but they seem gritty to me, the cookie part. I have no trouble with the filling though. :manic: They make a Golden Oreo that is better, the cookie is less stark.

We used to have a brand of cookie called Hydrox that looked like an Oreo but was a lot better. I think they are dead & gone.

Mackie, have you ever had a Ding Dong? There is a song called something like "I Woke Up With a Ding Dong by My Head". Oh, no, that is just a line from it, it's called Junk Food Junkie.

a Hydrox? :shock: now that sounds mythical :p

i don't like the oreos, the chocolatey part gives me a stomach ache :bb:

but i'm going to make the recipe for a dessert party (and then i'm taking a fruit salad that i'll be able to eat :yes2: )

a Hydrox? :shock: now that sounds mythical :p

actually it sounds like something you use to free a clogged drain :roflmao:

i am not really fond of most of the packaged cookies - they often are far too sweet for my taste.

Jude, are you allowed not to like Oreo's? Isn't that against the Constitution or something? :teaser:

Isn't there a sort of Oreo cake?

a friend from another board is sending me some Ding Dongs & Twinkies. That sounds so wrong :lol:

it sounds absolutely gross :bb:

i can't look at a Twinkie without being reminded of mould. :alien: i was hungry and saw a coin-operated junk food dispenser, put my coin in for the Twinkie selection. i lost my appetite and my coin, the Twinkie was blue-green and nasty :duck:

:idea: you can get Oreo Blizzards from the Dairy Queen. a Blizzard is a whiz-mix of ice cream and cookies

i can't look at a Twinkie without being reminded of mould. :alien: i was hungry and saw a coin-operated junk food dispenser, put my coin in for the Twinkie selection. i lost my appetite and my coin, the Twinkie was blue-green and nasty :duck:

YUCK!!!!!!!!! :bb::s

Bess, how gross...but also rather astounding. For as long as I remember we have been hearing that Twinkies don't go bad, that they last almost forever in a landfill because of all the preservatives and lack of anything resembling real food. Next time someone says that I can tell your story. :roflmao:

Our local bakery makes an Oreo cake, it is basically a dark chocolate layer cake with fluffy white icing & oreo cookies crushed and sprinkled on top.

I must admit Twinkies and most other Hostess products don't appeal to me anymore , but I do still like Ding Dongs. :silly2: I think it's the super thin layer of chocolate on the outside and the cream filling isn't as sweet as most.

i kinda like Oreos - the chocolate bit isn't too sweet. i sort of like the current UK advert with the kid and the dog...

some of the previous posts read like alien language!!!