The Hidden Fortress

Phlog 15. - 31. Oct 2011

Mackie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:heart: lovely dackel picture!!

and oh! - a fuchsia! i was so sad when our first clipping of the bush took off the last of this year's flowers :wail: felt so guilty....

you could wrap it loosely in horticultural fleece over the plant, maybe? and wrap the pot in bubblewrap to insulate it, and put it in the undergrowth? it might work...

there is no undergrowth to speak of - the last winters i tried to keep them out and they always died - they are too small, even wrapped the pot and the roots freeze when it is really cold. i'd need a cold but not too dark place inside to store them, but i have either warm and bright or cold and dark :lol: i have one place on the bedroom sill - cold, and just enough light for a plant to survive the winter, but that is reserved for the pot with the three kinds of ivy … :roll:

yes, well … :dunno: i have to decide, and the ivy really is lovely by now - three kinds of leaves, and nice and healthy - it was one of the two pots i tried to get over the last winter. the one in the kitchen died (too warm, too dark) while the bedroom seems to be good, so i can at least bring one over into the next year :p better than nothing :yes:

Ruff was actually quite disgusted, as he didn't get his usual Bonio biscuit when they came round, and sticking his nose on Mum's biscuit barrel didn't come up with the goods either... that is the gaze of a disappointed dog!