The Hidden Fortress

guess whose 10th anniversary it is today?

Mackie

ten years ago today we started FOP :lol: soooo long ago. :roll:

Jana was Orpheus then, Jude was Carmen, Stine was Candy … :lol: it was so much fun to have a whole new place to ourselves :lol:

and it stayed fun for a long time, actually. so, for old times sake:

:confetti:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FOP! :confetti:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i have the perfect photo for this occasion. it's in pink even! :roll:

door.jpg

what fun we had on FOP, in the early times in particular. those collaborative stories! :lol: mackie would come in panting ("hechel hechel hechel") and goli showed up and "ping pong twang" were born. i remember seeing stine's website and being blown away. i still think it's one of the coolest personal websites i've ever seen.

despite all the ickiness of the exit, i will always be grateful to FOP for the friendship and sense of community it had for a few years. because those friends are mine for lifetimes. :heart: to all you fantastic women, thank you and cheers! :bpa:

we arrived late orph coursssssssssssssssssssssse pressssssssssssssssciousssssssssssssesssssssssssssssss but we rememberssssssssssssss it well

:bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa:

FOP.jpg

:bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa:

We had some great times there, back in the day, i would never have met ANY of you wonderful ladies had i not ventured in there, and i would never have gotten my camera out of the drawer without the PINK PLACE.

:champ:

Wow, it seems both longer ago and just yesterday that we jumped onto that life raft. I'm mso glad to still be floating around with you all here.

I still remember my first reaction to the rapid fire wit and story spinning going on , shock & awe pretty well sums it up. :lol:

No matter what I'll always be so grateful to have had that in my life and you here who still are real friends.

:sing2: :sing2: :sing2::bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa: :bpa::sing2: :sing2: :sing2:

Guest Girl from Mars

i only came in towards the end, i think, cannot really remember too much of it. happy birthday, fop! :cake::bpa: (<-- why is this emo named bpa?)

because it is a Blushing Prince Albert :lol: i do not really remember whose idea it was, but we were talking about cocktails. i cannot for the life of me remember how a Prince Albert came into it :lol: (sorry, that is a bit of a double entendre …)

(must have come from the eater egg on one of the LOTR dvds … the scene with Elrond's Council?)

i sent Stine the link :wink: this is what she wrote:

"A huge thank you to ALL members of FOP who was more important to me than I ever managed to express at the time. I think about the good things we had together from time to time, and it never fails to put a huge grin on my face. I hope you all are happy and well!! Much love, Stine...Candy. I'm on Facebook so if anyone would like to hook up there, don't hesitate to do so!"

:heart::flower::hey:

aw such pink sweetness once upon a time. i think i was invited there by someone. wasn't it :shock:orpheus ??! :ducky:

i had a dialup connection slower than slow :snail: and a winky-tinky computer :slam: but it was a cloud-like place :heart:

i'll always be grateful to Tats for inviting me to FOP, on a long drive home from Edinburgh... she said i might enjoy the creativity, and she was right. it pushed me into picking up the camera again, and stuck a wake-up pin in my writing, which i'd neglected for years, and above all, it brought me some wonderful friends i'd never have otherwise encountered. For all of that, i, too, have to say

:bpa::sing2::bpa::sing2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOP!! :sing2::bpa::sing2::bpa:

:pral::cake::rocker::bpa: :bpa: :bpa::fpig::ele: :ele: :fpig::bpa: :bpa: :bpa::rocker::cake::pral: