Giant_rubber_duck__2441537a.jpg

writes a darn good review...

Badeente_19.12.2012_12-02-25.JPG

stands out in a crowd..

3883059-a-row-of-yellow-rubber-ducks-chi

and she lights up our life!!

_3812738_orig.jpeg?589590

Happy Birthday Duckling!!

Have a great day, and a wonderful year to follow!

awwww! thank you guys! mad, what a collection! :wow::up:

it was a pretty frantic but good day. stupid household chores in the morning and a gender discussion (that i'd organised) in the evening. birthday parties etc aren't my thing and usually, i'm happy to curl into a corner and not move a muscle in order to "celebrate" my birthday. but this year, it's just been full of so much anger and frustration that i wanted to feel like i had done something constructive. which is why i organised the discussion. it wasn't a big deal, but it was something. i had four women from different industries talk about their workplaces and the way their gender has been a disadvantage as well as how they've overcome the problems they faced. the audience -- about 50-odd people -- seemed to enjoy it and i think most of them left thinking a little bit harder about the idea of a woman at work.

so that was the birthday. the next day i got my period and have spent since sunday writhing in stomach-crampy-pain. bastard uterus.

BUT thank you, to all of you and the fort. you make my days so much brighter. it seems like a good occasion to tell you this because i don't end up coming down to comment as much as i used to, but i am here, hovering like casper the friendly ghost. and you're always with me, i know. my very own guardian angels. and witches. and diplodocuses. and hobbits. :heart: