The Hidden Fortress

The Daily Bugle

Guest Girl from Mars

Mackie - not good at all about the environmental damage. Apparently some people think it will be a complete disaster as it will create so much turbulence as it lands and takes off it will need an 11 mile clearance, which means they will have to cancel a load of other flights to give it space - I don't know how the various competing airlines will react to that!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mackie - not good at all about the environmental damage. Apparently some people think it will be a complete disaster as it will create so much turbulence as it lands and takes off it will need an 11 mile clearance, which means they will have to cancel a load of other flights to give it space - I don't know how the various competing airlines will react to that!

It did look fairly alarming flying low - not graceful at all. I miss Concorde - a huge metal swan compare to this double decker bus with wings. I don't think I'd like to fly in it - I worry enough about planes running out of puff and falling out of the sky as it is. :lol:

I worry enough about planes running out of puff and falling out of the sky as it is. :lol:

me too - i always think that as soon as more than half the people on board stop believing the thing can fly, it comes down :neutral: :roll.

It did look fairly alarming flying low - not graceful at all. I miss Concorde - a huge metal swan compare to this double decker bus with wings. I don't think I'd like to fly in it - I worry enough about planes running out of puff and falling out of the sky as it is. :lol:

Concorde - :sigh: When I was based at West Drayton we used to go over to Heathrow just to watch her land or take off.... the bird had soul....looking at the new thing it's like comparing a tea clipper with that darn huge floating plastic hotel thingy. Blah.

Concorde used to fly over my last office every morning at 10:55am. You could set your watch by it :yes: Had a lovely view of it out of my window :dreamy:

Mind you, my cousins went on it once and said it was so cramped in there, they would've rather gone on a normal jumbo. :roll:

Guest Girl from Mars
actually, with that line of argument they should ban all cars.

:yes: I don't get these people. First they take away all the living space for bears and then when they finally venture back into their lands they shoot them at the first sight of trouble. :duck:

A bear showed up in Switzerland last year and people were so totally stupid as to get really close to him (some even with their children). Hey, it's a WILD animal, geddit?