The Hidden Fortress

The Daily Bugle

Guest Girl from Mars

The book is being sold by Dr Williams's Theological Library in London, which hopes the proceeds - expected to be more than £3m - will secure its future.
£3m. :huh: sigh. not bad, huh?

especially since the bard himself was probably constantly in debt and wooing the barman in the local pub to give him a drink on the house. :p

weird... i do wonder though, what do you do with these things once you buy them? isn't this stuff more for museums? i understand a book that you can read but a manuscript you can't read... :huh: actually, even if one could read it, 3 MILLION pounds? :neutral:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but you know, there's a romance in these old manuscripts and canvasses that i suspect we're losing out on. i mean, 80 years later, there won't be manuscripts of undiscovered/ celebrated authors or peeling paintings of brilliant artists. there'll be USB dongles. :roll:

:no: the day a rectangular bit of metal becomes artistically pleasing... :duck:

it's like 60's matchbox architecture. the day THAT becomes a work of art, things are really bleak. except someone, in fact, more than one person thought there was something artistic in those hideous boxy buildings. :s

throwing strange germanic names at me won't scare me, i'll have you know. :p a boxy building is a boxy building. :yes:

ok, i'll grant you that rohe made some ubercool boxy buildings...