The Hidden Fortress

The Daily Bugle

Guest Girl from Mars

Those things are important!  At the moment I have no marshmallows, no  chocolate , no crackers, But I just remembered I got some See's  chocolate from Ben for our anniversary!! That will due lol! Whoop! :dancechick::chocobunny:  I guess a Easter Bunny will do this year  .....our church is shooting  down Easter this year.  The Archbishop has said. :wizard2:

I hope you are all well and safe. :heart:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No chocolates …?? :shock: We cannot have that, Jude, that is not legal nor is it healthy :no: 

Unfortunately I bought a box of salted caramel toffee last week and none of that is left. :pie: As a colleague of mine said the other day, "we come out of this pregnant, divorced or ten kilos heavier". Since the first two options don't apply to me I am working on the third ... :duck: 

Pessimist that moi is, moi started stocking up a while back.  Plus our local Trader Joe's is on top of everything - you are greeted at the door by an employee who passes you an already sanitized cart, there is plenty of room/space in the aisles, there are many employees ready to assist you, and they've marked off six feet intervals at the checkout lines.

However, last Thursday i didn't even have time to wait the six feet away, because another cashier came and took me to her open lane.

Their parking lot is jammed, their store is not crowded at all - evidently all of the overflow COSTCO hoarders are taking up spaces in the Trader Joe lot.  Ignoring the frickin EMPTY Goodwill lot right next to Trader Joe's.

i am trying to eat more of the relatively good for me stuff i like - smoked salmon dip, spicy avocado hummus, olive tapenade - and not head for the really bad stuff like chips. 

However, most of the sugary stuff is definitely back on the menu.

They are now referring to the third option as the "Quarantine Fifteen" (as in pounds).

1 hour ago, Goli said:

Pessimist that moi is, moi started stocking up a while back.  Plus our local Trader Joe's is on top of everything - you are greeted at the door by an employee who passes you an already sanitized cart, there is plenty of room/space in the aisles, there are many employees ready to assist you, and they've marked off six feet intervals at the checkout lines.

perfect :up: :yes: 

I really need to dial down on the sugary stuff again … at least I went back to my "moderate fasting" routine last week. The week before, that was just not possible, I needed every bit of solace food could provide.

"Quarantine Fifteen" :roflmao: yep …

:hey:

I search 

"patrick stewart twitter "

each day. He is reading a sonnet a day until May first week or so. A minute and a half of Shakespearean reading. Worth a listen if interested. I have never appreciated these sonnets til hearing this accomplished actor read them...

Takes one's mind off the news :omm:

Shakespeare was the archetypal theatrical writer, in moi opinion - his works were meant to be read aloud.  The deep cerebral material is there, but it is the sheer sound of the language that is the true stuff of genius.