The Hidden Fortress

I would love to get a pic of the work in progress, but there is a big NO ADMISSION sign, plus right now the only way to even get a pic at all would be stopping in the driveway. Sigh.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

:manic:  However,  on the next visit,  we ssssssssssssssssneakeded up the road:

P1010086 (3).JPG

P1010089 (2).JPG

Yes, and that's what it was originally called - then the sign changed to "Renaissance Garden" so presumably something(s) else will accompany the stumps.

It's hard to really show the scale of Heronswood, since it is such a melding of oldish growth, huge trees and underlying plantings, and stuff that just grew out of control during the dark years.  Here are a few pics of the wild white roses growing up one of the huge trees, and there are unsuspecting people in one of them, to try to show size and height.  A little.

Scale1.JPG

Scale3.JPG

Scale2.JPG

Scale4.JPG

On 7/8/2019 at 8:47 AM, Goli said:

Ever since i got my Senior Membership - $30 a year - i've been going every week it's open.  It's different each time since there are SO many plant varieties that all bloom at different times.

Oh, what a gorgeous sole nurturing garden! I think I will bathe in this emotionally for a while! :up:

Honestly, if there were certified therapy places, Heronswood would top the list.  It is differently wonderful every week i go there.