The Hidden Fortress

we're back at where we were … another storm tide. The wind abated somewhat during the afternoon, but a storm tide is a stubborn thing - once it's in move, it goes where it wants to go.

The Swimming Dachshund was on the leash again :p 

• Replies 69.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this time we went all around the flooding as it wasn't dark yet :manic: :photo: 

in the midst of all the water, the crows expect to have their peanuts. And they got them, of course.

7CB89DC7-5688-411C-99E2-AA04C1793CF3.JPG

The Furry Miss is inspecting the flooded fishmarket

78ECAC68-9EB6-4CC1-BB54-092B246D3920.JPG

the fish auction hall with doors open. This was about an hour before the peak of the tide, so there were about 20 cm / 7 inches of water to come. 

BACD3D83-413E-4CFF-A85B-88EE395E555C.JPG

lake Fishmarket gently lapping its shores :p 

IMG_4578.jpg

people were still evacuating the parking lots … :duck: 

IMG_4587.jpg

That can't be good for under the car :roll: :rust:

The Derricks look still and watchful!

I notice the brickwork around the windows is a measure of sorts :shock:

I :heart: the :dackel: and :crow:photos :yes:

10 hours ago, bess said:

I notice the brickwork around the windows is a measure of sorts :shock:

Yes! :oh: I never noticed that. How cool! Always good to see your daily surroundings through the eyes of other :yes: 

I think the cars don't suffer much from that - it's not sea water. The salt doesn't come this far upstream. Basically it's like driving through a rather big rain puddle. :p 

Here the Corona virus keeps getting closer. Schools shut down until after Easter, Migi is going to work from home office for six weeks. :shock: It feels rather weird.

My sister had a stroke last week; she is doing okay, all things considered, but now they are restricting visitors to one person per day per patient, and they might lock down completely. Her daughters have own families to consider and her husband has Parkinson's and isn't driving anymore (not that he was of much use before ... :evil:  )

She is longing for clean clothes, so I am going to her place on Sunday :train: pack stuff, go to the hospital and take it to her. If I can go visiting, all the better, if not, she at least has some fresh stuff to wear. Long day on the trains, but then I can :book: and :knit: (and hope nobody is going to sneeze on me …)

It's really all just weird.

Weird it is :dunno:

Personally not too affected yet, rumour seems to spread faster than the virus :crit: yet if lockdown continues too long the effects of that could affect us all :sigh:. Should say it is a treat for :earth: if emissions are 'way less...

Keep us posted about your sister :yes2: :heart:

The brickwork DOES look like a big measuring stick, and very good that the swimming :dackel: is on-leash.  The pics are drop dead gorgeous :swoon: 

i was at the Thrift Shop in the Bainbridge Island Senior Center on Wednesday, March 4th.  We found out this week that someone who tested positive for Corona Virus had participated in a table tennis event at the Center on the 2nd.  His spouse, who also tested positive and was hospitalized with what they thought was pneumonia, was not in the building.  They've done over a dozen tests of other people who were there, and, so far, no other positives.  I wasn't in the room where the event was held, but, still, a little too close for comfort.

Sigh.

Without sneeze.

Mackie, those photos you did recently are stunning! My Joe was really in love with the crow! lol  I love all of them.  :crow:.  I hope you are all well .   Yes, weird times. Oregon is closing the schools for at least 2 weeks. I guess we wait and see  what happens. , Our President is acting like a big jackass, as usual, nothing is his fault.    :flaming:   Evidently some fools are hording some stuff, the classic toilet paper, sanitizer, potato chips ( ??) .     A nice thing this morning, the UPS guy brought us some pasta ( shells, wheat, dark) He was very nice and really HOT! A silver  fox kind of guy. Anyway, he gave me the box and when I said , Bless You!. I never do that , Any way he turned back and gave me a High Five and smile. ( he was really gorgeous) .  :fan:.

jude :shock:  arrrrrrhhhhh :waggle: :manic: 

when i went for t.p. the other day, the shelf was empty except for a brand i don't usually buy. I got one package on account of we were almost out :angel:  The checkout person said they had to set a limit. No more than 3. Someone came in just the day before and bought all of the one I usually get - because it is septic-tank safe.  Happened to have beeno n sale too. So I missed out :dunno:  :crit:  and what, I wonder, will the mystery buyer do with so much toilet paper over the next while... Make an indoor castle out of it? :crown:  :nuts: 

the toilet paper thing is really weird, isn't it? :roll: 

Goli :shock: :duck: yep, too close for comfort. Stay healthy. :heart: 

Jude, :waggle: we all want to meet that UPS driver :yes: 

What really gets to me is how people in comment threads on the www (yes, I know I shouldn't look … :blush2:) are  so STUPID! A lady from California went on and on how it was completely obvious that China did this to hurt the US. I ended up responding that if you took that line of thought seriously, it would have to be the US doing it because why would China be so stupid and start the virus in Wuhan? That shut her up.

Conspiracy theories abound and everybody knows some politician / government who is doing it all wrong. And the same people who blame Merkel for reacting too slow are standing in front of the stadiums in thousands to watch the game inside on huge video screens, even though the soccer clubs tell them NOT to do it. Mankind as a whole is not very intelligent, it seems.

And today I read that here the crest of the virus is expected to be in summer. :duck: we will have to get used to strange things, it seems. 

The lowest common denominator :crit:  :nuts: Despite them everything works out. Mostly.... :roll:

Rather this summer than later that it runs its course :yes2: