The Hidden Fortress

thank you it did :omm:

there were a few fires in the backwoods from lightning :shock: so now we have spotter aircraft flying around,  helicopters carrying water. cooler today though breezy, :crossed: for the firefighters  :yes2:

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, bess said:

we had the worst thunderstorm i've ever experienced last night :shock:    :lightning:   :runaway: like right over my house  :duck: :mood: there was blobs of rain from time to time, i had the windows open, there was breeze, and still so hot !

i have a headache from last night's noise today :sigh: :crit:  . off on a :walk: .  should help :yes2: 

oh wow, bess! :duck: :nosee: I really like thunderstorms, but that one really does sound like it was way too much … Big thunderstorms need to come with rain or they are scarier, especially when everything is so parched. And it is mandatory that they bring a nice cool! :freeze:

Here it was really hot until yesterday - now we can breathe again. I was so damp and hot I didn't want to do anything but lying around in the shade sipping cool stuff (water with lemon :p ) and reading … It didn't even cool down at night, I find that very uncomfortable. Sorry for being so absent, even the keyboard felt sticky. :melt:

Jette and I were walking at 7 am each morning, so we escaped the worst heat and still got our rounds in. :dackel: 

21 hours ago, bess said:

there were a few fires in the backwoods from lightning :shock: so now we have spotter aircraft flying around,  helicopters carrying water. cooler today though breezy, :crossed: for the firefighters  :yes2:

:duck: yes, definitely :crossed: for the firefighters.

Oh, and there is a new version of the invision board available, which means update time again. Since it is not just a technical update but a real overhaul, I wanted to tell in advance so you do not feel you strayed into foreign parts ... :wink: As we do not use any modifications, there should be no problem.

thankyou for the heads-up :up:

i do not hear aircraft today. a good sign :omm:

raising my :water:glass to everyone!

i am on a tour of the Mediterranean circa 1990, armchair travel :book: and time travel ..

:manic: I haven't read this much in ages. I so enjoy being able to just fall into a book without having to go back to work  after half an hour ...

:joy:  :book: 

Well, there we are. It looks a little different, but not too much - what do you think?

The edit button is now hiding in the dot menu, top right of the post ... okay.

A few of the food emoticons died. Hm. I will have to see if I can get them back.

1 hour ago, Mackie said:

The admin control panel is scary as usual but in a new way :roflmao: 

:lol:

The place looks pretty and clean!

Aha and I find the edit, it is in the wee drop down menu after I've posted :yes:

1 hour ago, Mackie said:

:manic: I haven't read this much in ages. I so enjoy being able to just fall into a book without having to go back to work  after half an hour ...

:joy:  :book: 

:oh: 

:shock: I'd forgotten there was a time when I could read only in borrowed moments. :roll:

:melon: :pasta:(testing) :silly2:

It is definitely a NEW look here.  

The thunderstorms when it is so hot are definitely scary - part of the climate changes that the same idiots who think a virus will respond to protests don't believe in.  Sigh.

VERY good about being able to read again :joy:

:oh: and found the drop down menu, too, which moi wouldn't have looked for without the post from Bess.