The Hidden Fortress

So, several weeks ago, when i ran into a real estate agent in my neighbor's driveway, i found out they were selling their house :shock: The fence between the two houses was ready to fall down, and several sections of the part of the fence in front of my house had ALREADY fallen down (used by Bambi as a deerway).  i had said i would replace it, but that was before the pandemic.  To make a longish, stressedout story shortish - i got ahold of the neighborhood landscape guy who had been going to do the job the same week his business got out of lockdown and he replaced the fence in record time.  

i was going to post about it, but i decided the new fence needed a new mascot. So i ordered a hedgehog from a garden store over in Lacy and have named the hedgehog Fenceton.  AND finally got around to taking a few pics of Fenceton and his fence.

Fence 1.JPG

Fence 2.JPG

Fenceton 1.JPG

Fenceton 2.JPG

Fenceton 3.JPG

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it is - it cost about $2700 for the two sections - the side part is 70 feet and the front part is 40 feet and the wood is   cedar.  Some  of the old posts could be salvaged, some had to be replaced.  

Fenceton cost considerably less :evildb:

It was more than fair - the contractor who replaced my deck had given me an estimate about TWICE as much - his version would have been much fancier, i think, since that contractor's business was custom houses.  But all i needed was a plain, decent fence - FAST.  The neighborhood guy didn't even charge extra for working outside normal business hours - at one point, he sneaked over around six a.m. and dug holes for the posts (i only knew that because i had gotten up to go to the bathroom and happened to see the truck in the road - he was so quite you couldn't even hear him).

On 9/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, Goli said:

at one point, he sneaked over around six a.m. and dug holes for the posts (i only knew that because i had gotten up to go to the bathroom and happened to see the truck in the road - he was so quite you couldn't even hear him).

:wow: :up: then you're really lucky to have found him. A true gem. 

One of the things I am trying to do, now that I supposedly have more free time :p :where: is that I am trying to do stuff I meant to do for ages and always found excuses not to do. :duck: :p 

Yesterday I went and worked for three hours with "Hanseatic Help", an organization that grew from the huge, spontaneous wave of people helping refugees five years ago. Then there was a huge exhibition hall where at one point 1200 refugees lived in improvised quarters. There actually was nothing there in the beginning, and a lot of people stepped in spontaneously and donated their time and expertise to help set up a camp. There were tons of donations that had to be sorted and distributed and without a couple of logistics experts, who organized it all, I guess it would have been really bad.

As it was, it was working for a few weeks until the next big exhibition was being set up and they moved the camp.

This group of people is still working, they are getting donations from all over the city, from private donors and corporate ones, and everything has to be sorted and packed and distributed to all kinds of places like food banks, refugee camps, homeless shelters and so on.

Their current location isn't far from where I live, so last week I made an appointment and yesterday I went and sorted clothes for three hours. I guess the artificial lighting, the concrete floor and having to wear a mask through it are responsible, because I was completely done in afterwards :lol: :swoon: :zzz: 

Went and slept for two hours.

Next week I'll go back and do it again.

I just saw on a map that the fires in Oregon aren't so very far away from where Jude is living. :duck:And several men of her family are firefighters, are they not? That is very worrying.

:nosee: