The Hidden Fortress

I have been thinking a lot about Jude and family :yes2:  :crossed: 

The air quality where I live has hit 10 ( on 1 good to 10 bad) from the smoke of those fires :sad: 

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The air is still, the sun is a dusty orange disc in grey smog.

Goli it can't be very good where you are either.

(posted twice on myself :blush2: )

Likewise worried about Jude and family. No sign on FB recently as far as I could see, and so far no reply to message. 

Dropped in to see if she’d been in here... 
😥

same old same old here. Looks like I won’t get back into our office until March next year. Can’t set up approved workspace at home but can here. So may never get home at this rate. Roof leaking, mouse problem (likely worse by now), insurance invalid as been away too long..... dint even think I have a home to go back to. 
sugh. 

And not wearing glasses so spelling lousy!

15 hours ago, mad said:

Likewise worried about Jude and family. No sign on FB recently as far as I could see, and so far no reply to message. 

Dropped in to see if she’d been in here... 
😥

:crossed: that no news is good news. i checked official Scio pages at f/b, evacuation is well-organized; some areas are still safe but air quality awful, understandably.

PS - I like to think she could be with Kate in Portland.

These are just NOT good times.  :heart: for Mad :crossed: for Jude.

Not going to complain about air quality here - it's bad, but things would have been a LOT worse if it had hit earlier in hot weather.  At least it is cool. My next door neighbors have to be out by Wednesday, so they are having to move during all of this.  Am just SO glad to have gotten that fence replaced when i did.

18 hours ago, mad said:

same old same old here. Looks like I won’t get back into our office until March next year. Can’t set up approved workspace at home but can here. So may never get home at this rate. Roof leaking, mouse problem (likely worse by now), insurance invalid as been away too long..... dint even think I have a home to go back to. 
sugh. 

oh Mad, no fun :heart: :kind:  :no: 

I tried the email I had for Jude but it isn't valid anymore. I so hope they're safe and well.

I tried her phone number and got voicemail.  I did NOT leave a message, as i thought, although SHE is high priority to us, in terms of worry, we would not be high priority for her now, and i shouldn't be clogging up a working mailbox. 

Then i thought about checking the evacuation map by address and her address is at level 2 - be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Sigh.  There's nothing we can really do, except hope for the best.

28 minutes ago, Goli said:

Then i thought about checking the evacuation map by address and her address is at level 2 - be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

oh dear. Yes, I keep my fingers crossed. :crossed: :heart: :vibes: