The Hidden Fortress

internet over there is likely to be focussed on the important stuff. 

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like they downgraded the evacuation level in Jude's area to the lower level of be prepared instead of be ready at a moment's notice  :crossed2:  that things continue to improve there.

that’s good news.  🤞

It's horrible, there and in California.  Here it's a little better, and we got a tiny bit of rain during the night as well.

wore our masks to the village shops today :bag: also helped with the smoky air :roll: 

that little bit of rain :rain: was nice.

PS - the cloud ceiling was so low a flock of swans flew over my house :shock: and :swoon: 

about 20 of them. I hope they weren't too lost :nosee: 

1 hour ago, bess said:

PS - the cloud ceiling was so low a flock of swans flew over my house :shock: and :swoon: 

about 20 of them. I hope they weren't too lost :nosee: 

oh dear. Yes, I hope they found their way and stayed out of harm's way, too. :crossed: 

Yes, the other, innocent species are suffering too.  Sigh.

On a brighter note, the evacuation map now shows Jude's immediate area okay - no evacuation level.

:crossed:

1 hour ago, Goli said:

On a brighter note, the evacuation map now shows Jude's immediate area okay - no evacuation level.

:crossed:

That is good. :heart: 

my dears, unfortunately the day started with an email fron invision … not a good one.

I am posting it here, with the back and forth between Rhett from invision and me so you can read for yourself.

:sigh: 

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble here, it seems your site has missed our internal audits, the 25 plan hasn't been offered in a few years now and doesn't include SSL, which has also been required for some time now.  Due to a recent update at AWS which hosts our cloud, this is now showing an issue with any site not using SSL.

Our min plan that we have offered for about a year now is the 65 plan, which is 45.00 per month, we can update your plan to the 65 plan and add SSL for you at no charge to correct this issue.  Please let us know if you have any questions or how you wold like to proceed. 

Thank you.

Rhett 

Oh wow.

I am not sure I get that. That would mean it will  cost $45 a month now?
I’m sorry, but I wont be able to do that. Will it be effective immediately?

We are a very small community by now and I live on a very small pension. :-/

Kind regards, Maike

Hello, this should have actually been done a couple years back, but a few sites missed our audits, so I'm sorry for the shock here, the 25 plan was discontinued, and the 40 plan was the lowest plan, at that time most all 25 plans were upgraded to the 40 plan. Fast forward to 2020 and the plus 40 plan was discontinued about 2 years ago, the 65 plan is our lowest plan now for about a year. 

Due to the time you have been with us, I can allow you on the 40 plan, which is only 30.00 per month, I can't promise how long that will last, as mentioned the 65 plan is the lowest for new customers now.

Let me know if the 40 plan will work for you for the time being. 

Thank you.

Rhett 

How much time do I have to decide?

... he did not yet respond to that last question.

Since I am by now living on a really tight budget, this is a real problem.

Fuck.

Sorry.

Oyyy... Two thoughts, 1) I guess we couldn't expect the Fort to continue indefinitely, though it is priceless to us ❤️, 2) if you accept the 40 plan can we share the 30.00 cost three ways? ...until the next thing...

21 minutes ago, bess said:

2) if you accept the 40 plan can we share the 30.00 cost three ways? ...until the next thing...

Of course we can, if we want to. :heart:

It’s rather sad, having to let go.