Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

well, here is :mart: back.

Weird thing: There is about a dozen emojis missing - and they're all food related :shock: 

Is invision trying to starve us?? :grumpy: :lol: 

I'll try to find them again, no idea if I still have any related files. We might do without :milk: I guess, but :pizza:? :hotdog:? :cake:??? :where: 

This week they were tearing the house next door down; most of it is gone, I guess the last "slice" will go down tomorrow. Most of the week it was okay - not too loud, and until Friday it wasn't very dirty, but on Friday it got really dusty. They are as careful as one can probably be, taking down an old house - they're using one single machine. I thought it was called bagger in english, too, but it seems it's an excavator with grab :lol: It's rather fascinating to watch - I have spent some time with a mug of tea in the beach chair, watching. :oh: but that's when it wasn't so dusty yet.

The dust from demolition sites is nasty - sour smelling and acrid and so fine grained it gets everywhere. Blech. I would appreciate a nice downpour, but there is no rain in sight. Good thing this did not happen in summer, though - we have to be grateful for small favours. :p  

So yes, I guess tomorrow the rest of it will come down and it will probably be rather yuck. Once the dust has literally settled, I am planning to use Migi's garden hose to wash the garden. 

40 minutes ago, Mackie said:

well, here is :mart: back.

Weird thing: There is about a dozen emojis missing - and they're all food related :shock: 

Is invision trying to starve us?? :grumpy: :lol: 

I'll try to find them again, no idea if I still have any related files. We might do without :milk: I guess, but :pizza:? :hotdog:? :cake:??? :where: 

We had :milk: :what: ? But yeah, :pizza: and all. I see that ":pizza:" has a box around it. A ghost of its former self ?  :neutral:

Also, what happened to :wtf: ?

:crit:

I hope you find them :yes:

:shovel:  :snap:  :robot: :oh:

but not the acrid dust :no: :runaway:

Wear a mask :ninja2: and yes freshen the garden :yes2: :bath:

What an otherwise neat bit of theatre !

I have been trying to formulate a knitting project. It is only small yet absorbing. Last night at last I had clarity :idea:

I can proceed with knitting a bunch of small squares in the design of a simple house :roll:

To give away :silly2:

We've had alot of rain here...

:hey:  :surf:    :shock:  :idea:

H a p p y B i r t h d a y Mackie !:heart: :heart: :heart: !

2020 is so twat we can stay the same age this year :yes:

I hope your day is a good one!

I was waiting at road construction :photo:

The woods are a-glow:

F8619EA6-DC94-426C-9DD9-6F51D61FF09E.jpeg

awwww, you guys :heart: thank you for the lovely roses.Goli :manic: 

Is that moss on the tree, bess? :oh:  that looks otherworldly. :wow: 

I had a nice day and even nice weather - it had rained during the night, so the garden looked not too bad, and today they worked on the other side of the house, so no new dust. I bet it will happen tomorrow :lol: 

On 11/24/2020 at 5:09 AM, bess said:

and yes, moss and lichen (Usnea)

it looks like the attempt do decorate for a Gothic theme and th result has gotten much too cheerful :lol: :heart: 

The house is gone now:

IMG_9128.jpg

5 hours ago, Mackie said:

it looks like the attempt do decorate for a Gothic theme and th result has gotten much too cheerful :lol: :heart: 

:lol:  for sure! :up: 

5 hours ago, Mackie said:

The house is gone now:

IMG_9128.jpg

revealing a blue sky view :oh: even if only temporary. another structure goes up in its place? :mushrooms:

that machine is quite the articulated grabber :snap: :shock: 

"The Articulated Grabber" - my next novel :write: :silly2: 

2 hours ago, bess said:

"The Articulated Grabber" - my next novel :write: :silly2: 

:roflmao: a gothic murder mystery, for sure!

We are lucky, the new building will not be as close to the property line as the old one was (which was standing ON the property line), and the part coming close to us will be much lower, a two storey building I think.

So even though there won't be an unobstructed view (luckily, as it would mean we're in everybody's sight :duck: ), there will be a lot more light and air. I am very much looking forward to having flowers again! :oh: :yay: :joy: 

Inspite of all the dust and noise and the aftermath, which will take some months, it was rather interesting to be able and watch it all up close :oh: To be honest, I was envious of the man working the grabber. I wanted to play :yes: :musthave: