The Hidden Fortress

Not worth the effort at trying to recall any of it, either.

• Replies 69.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, yesterday at around 2:00 pm, went and got the second and final Pfyzer vaccination - it's been 24 hours plus, and no side effects :crossed: in another 13 days i can go out and do a few more things without having to be quite so careful.

Unfortunately, we still have a LOT of idiots around, some of whom won't get the vaccine at all.

Sigh.

Yes, during a pandemic idiots show up particularly visibly. We have loads of those, too.

But :yay: for having your second shot!! :up: And no side effects :smooch: That is good. :heart: Looking forward to a bit more freedom is very good, too. :yes: 

It's going to be QUITE a bit more, since a  huge part of it will be NOT having to worry about what the idiots are/aren't doing, since it won't affect moi directly i,e, if moi gets too near one, at least MOI will be protected.  The other end of it, though, is that we DO need to keep following the protocols, since it's not clear yet whether or not the vaccine prevents the vaccinated person from spreading low levels of the virus to others.

Sigh.

yep, sigh indeed. All this has been unfathomable until it happened, right? A year ago we thought, "we go into lockdown for a month or so ..."

:neutral: 

It was pretty clear here that there was going to be a problem - Washington State had the first reported deaths in the US early on, all in a nursing home.  But certainly, nothing this bad.  So much of it - at least many of the deaths - would have been somewhat avoidable if we had had any leadership on a national level.  We were SO fortunate in this state that we have an intelligent governor.

3 hours ago, Goli said:

We were SO fortunate in this state that we have an intelligent governor.

Yes, I bet that was an important element.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still working away on my challenge; at the time being busy with preparing a pop-up page. :lol: It's been a while since I made one, so I have to get a grip on the engineering first.

I also have a cold. :wail: first one since about a year and a half, but I still do not want it. :grumpy: 

Prescription for cold :scotch: Also, Scotland was always known for engineers :duck:

20 hours ago, Goli said:

Prescription for cold :scotch: Also, Scotland was always known for engineers :duck:

as in, two birds with one stone? :lol: :roflmao: I am afraid my engineering would suffer from :scotch: :p 

The cold is rather yuck. At least I can sleep or just lie around doing nothing, that's something. And since I have no cough and no fever, I don't need to worry whether it's the big bad sister of the common cold, Ms.Corona ... :crit: 

other malaise is never far :alien: :roll:

get better soonest :kind: :heart:   :wink:

then pop-up perfectly  :jack:       

:manic:     

:heart:  Colds are the epitomes of yuck.  Just enough to be miserable, and they ALWAYS seem to drag on and on :crit:

The damned Corona has changed SO much.  Sigh.

Today is two weeks from moi second Pfyzer shot, so i am as good to go as i am going to get.

After being so careful/paranoid for so long, i don't even really know what i want to do.

SIGH,

2 hours ago, Goli said:

After being so careful/paranoid for so long, i don't even really know what i want to do.

That's weird, innit? A lot of people seem to be there. 

I am still right in the middle of cold-y yuckness, at least I can do or not do what I want - that helps. I am sleeping a lot, but actually I feel best when I am out of doors, walking :dackel: . Unless it's a place where I am supposed to wear a mask (or where I do wear one because of too many people around). Unfortunately, the amount of people just giving a damn about Corona and rules seems to be increasing. :crit: I am so sick of these idiots (and of the police not moving a finger. :grumpy: I am certainly not one for calling for police action at every opportunity - but at the time being, these rules need to be obeyed. What use are they if nobody follows and nobody enforces them? It's so stupid. Today was another afternoon of a crowded park, no masks in sight and a beer bottle in every hand - and a group of police standing by, watching.)

BUT I have been working on a new collage :manic: and so far I like it. That was good.

Now I will make a saltwater steam bath for my respiratory tracts and hope for a clearer nose ... :crossed: 

:thonk2: for the idiots AND the useless police that won't enforce the rules.  Of course, HERE we have whole STATES functioning so stupidly it's almost as if they want to wipe themselves off the map.

:up: for the saltwater, clearer nose, and more wonderful collages.

:heart: