The Hidden Fortress

Probably the most :roll: thing here is that, after mishandling almost EVERY aspect of this pandemic, the ONE thing we got right here was the vaccine development.  And now people won't take them.  At some point, i guess the thing to do is ship the vaccine to where people will take it.  And let the people here who wouldn't take it infect each other. i was talking to an oldish guy emptying the trash can at the gas station yesterday, and he is one of the ones who won't take it, because he "doesn't trust vaccines".  Instead of getting in a fight with him, i gave him an explanation of how easy and side effect free my experience was.  He thinks the Tennessee whiskey he drinks protects him.  i countered with the fact that the single malt :scotch:I drink, with water passed through thousand years old  peat bogs was probably a match for the virus, but that i had been worried about being asymptomatic and passing it on to others who were vulnerable.  You can't use logic or science with these guys. 

• Replies 69.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mackie

• mad

• bess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear. Yes, we have a solid chunk of the population with equally stupid ideas. I wouldn't give a damn, but they make the chance much bigger for some even more nasty variant developing ... So frustrating to watch willful denial of science become so widespread.

I know a woman from around here; I know her from meeting her little dog who is seriously cute and by now rather old. This woman sadly got cancer and is just out of hospital. I met one of her sisters a couple of days ago and inquired after my acquaintance. The sister said, "She is so-so, still rather weak. And now she wants to get vaccinated ..." Then she quickly looked at me, trying to gauge my reaction, and asked, "Do you want to be vaccinated?" in a tone that clearly said, "Certainly not, right?"

I told her that yes, absolutely, as soon as I can get a shot, and she shut up. But it's scary to see how many people are like that. This woman had a huge operation on her face a few years back and I keep thinking, "I bet you never asked what side effects the medication might have they gave you for your operation ..." Because most people swallow meds without even bothering to check what's in there, but with the Covid vaccination, they're suddenly aware of some very rare side effects ... 

:sigh: 

20 hours ago, Mackie said:

This woman had a huge operation on her face a few years back and I keep thinking, "I bet you never asked what side effects the medication might have they gave you for your operation ..." Because most people swallow meds without even bothering to check what's in there, but with the Covid vaccination, they're suddenly aware of some very rare side effects ... 

:sigh: 

Not to mention how many older people are taking so many prescription drugs, ALL of which have side effects (some of which conflict with each other), on a daily basis that they need those weekly day by day pill counters to  keep track of them.  Sigh.