The Hidden Fortress

comments to maximum city: mumbai

jana

:manic:

it's entirely surreal to be seeing pictures that i saw hobbie-didi taking. surreal and wonderful. :manic: it was such an absolute joy to have hobbie with us that i actually shanghaied - or mumbaied, as the case may be :p - her into staying with us an extra 24 hours. :lol:

the bandra beach picture and the one of the woman next to the pillar particularly. fabulous.

The pictures are stunning. All of them. I loved all of them, and in a strange way, I really, really like the pic that has almost no color in it, because it makes the bright colors in the other pics really pop out. I guess what I really want to say is that I like each of them individually, but even MORE as a group.

:oh:

These photos are amazing! I just love them. The woman in blue by the pillar...I could live with that on my wall forever. Also the second one...the muted side of a building (?) is wonderful.

Wow! :flower:

:blush2: Thank you all for the nice comments on the pictures.

I will let Jana explain why "jana's view" is called like that... :yes: it's a way of testing her :wink:

As for the woman in blue by the pillar... I was just walking in an area of Mumbai called "the Fort" and my camera was in my bag. I past pass the lady and thought... that would be such a nice picture, and kept walking. Then few steps later i though: "c'mon you must take that pictures"...so i got my camera, walked back, tried to be discreet (which aparently worked as she did not seem to see me) and took the picture and passed by again.... :roll:

I'll add some more pix of Mumbai, and i'm still hoping to see some of Didi's pictures... :waggle:

I will let Jana explain why "jana's view" is called like that... :yes: it's a way of testing her :wink:
ha! :waggle::p

As for the woman in blue by the pillar... I was just walking in an area of Mumbai called "the Fort" and my camera was in my bag. I past pass the lady and thought... that would be such a nice picture, and kept walking. Then few steps later i though: "c'mon you must take that pictures"...so i got my camera, walked back, tried to be discreet (which aparently worked as she did not seem to see me) and took the picture and passed by again.... :roll:
i am glad youo did go back, it is really lovely, and so dreamy in a very realistic way, if that makes any sense.

I'll add some more pix of Mumbai, and i'm still hoping to see some of Didi's pictures... :waggle:

:yes:

the new pics are lovely again … the overall colour scheme seems to be a dusty orange. i love the shot of the tram(?) driver wit hthe silhouette of the city behind him, and the golden reflection in the high window.

Okay, my NEW favorite is the middle one in the second new group - the pic where the figure LOOKS like there is a prism around it. I know it's the colors on the garments, but the effect is really, really great.