The Hidden Fortress

Arts & Crafts

:lol: you guys are :heart:

Yes, I love the book, too. It will be cool to fill it - the binding leaves some room for the collage layers. There will be all kinds of experiments :oh: :chacha: 

I think my sister's book should be called "voyage into the Blue" as that is her favorite colour.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, the 30 days challenge.

After making the book and the cover, I went on to the next prompts:
1/ Make marks using your favorite tools
2/ Create pattern using scraps from other projects (I used a piece of my cut-up big collage)
3/ Use small used packaging to create a collage (follow the link for inspiration by Nadine Mitchell https://www.instagram.com/p/B_dCFvYnAUj/)
I stole Nadine Mitchell's trick to paint the box black.
(That was hilarious 😀 I found a second small box and will do another one.)
167572681_3664203640371915_5483993793744

This is the same page, once with the marks and then with the added stripes from the big collage.
167744791_3664203657038580_6239656078712

167417631_3664203630371916_8279428456954

The stripes make it look like something is in a jail - and it looks like there is a black creature IN the jail :duck:

And now that i looked at it that way, the box project looks like another creature with a blue beak, a white eye, and a red tail.

Interesting! Telling a story. I thought of vertical cross-hatching # # as in a drawing. :p

I like how (to my eyes) the S and the 3 bring the white background into the black shape. 

What is good, is noticing something different each time I look at the collages :yes: 

5 hours ago, bess said:

I like how (to my eyes) the S and the 3 bring the white background into the black shape. 

:yes: that was the intended effect :manic:

Now I see a black creature behind bars, too, Goli :shock: 

5 hours ago, bess said:

What is good, is noticing something different each time I look at the collages :yes: 

:manic:

New one! It's 30x30 cm and aside from one piece of printed tissue (the orange-red in the bottom right corner), it's all made up of scavenged posters.

schwarzrot_1838.jpg