• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this:

Cordelia from Buffy "Tact is just not saying true stuff - I'll pass"

made me think we need a thread for cool quotes. :yes:

Great idea for a thread, Mackie :yes:

:manic:

i have another one:

you are a gigantic waste of vacant space, an unnecessary burden on the world’s resources of oxygen, and by far the silliest, most incompetent, slovenly piece of lazy, insignificant genetic waste that somehow coalesced together to disfigure itself into an aberration of a human being – a temporary distraction, a nothing, God’s idea of a human semi-colon in the sentence of life.

That is fantastic.

One from Rita Rudner that I quoted to my mother the other day (I get so tired of people saying that Koda is a child substitute - to me, kids are an elkhound substitute).

"We've begun to long for the pitter-patter of little feet - so we bought a dog. Well, it's cheaper, and you get more feet".

Guest Girl from Mars

OMG, that is fantastic, Rain! I must remember that. I also get the "You have such a love for animals because you are childless" treatment a lot.

Rain, that Rita Rudner quote is great! I will be passing that on to my daughter-in-law. It may prevent me killing some particularly odious relatives who keep bugging her. Or I could just go with the T-shirt idea we had. She would wear it under a sweater and if they ask...yet again...."when are you starting a family?", she could take her sweater off and reveal the homey message "NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!"

I have 2 safety tip type quotes:

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide till it goes away." (Xander on Buffy)

"You don't sneak around a graveyard. You make noise when you walk...stomp...or yodel" ( Buffy)

'tis time for a quote from jack sparrow. :manic:

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.

Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

• 2 weeks later...
Rain, that Rita Rudner quote is great! I will be passing that on to my daughter-in-law. It may prevent me killing some particularly odious relatives who keep bugging her. Or I could just go with the T-shirt idea we had. She would wear it under a sweater and if they ask...yet again...."when are you starting a family?", she could take her sweater off and reveal the homey message "NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!"

Your daughter-in-law should try this one - I don't remember where it came from. Could be another Rita one.

When an elderly relative asks "Isn't it about time you started a family"

I like to answer "Isn't it about time you died?"

That usually works.