The Hidden Fortress

the fine art of choosing

jana

this, i think, is really cool.

check out this article where the guardian and saatchi gallery invite your opinion on what should be in the Your Gallery project.

and yes, i will be saying mean and horrible things about some of this stuff when i have a moment. some of these are amazing though. :yes:

Wow! I only had a brief run through - certainly there were some which did not grab me in any way, but some I loved...the girl with the chandelier behind her and the man with the yellow bag for starters. Will spend more time going through it when I have longer...looking forward to comparing thoughts with everyone else! (even if I end up showing just what bad taste I have! :lol: )

Wow! I only had a brief run through - certainly there were some which did not grab me in any way, but some I loved...the girl with the chandelier behind her and the man with the yellow bag for starters. Will spend more time going through it when I have longer...looking forward to comparing thoughts with everyone else! (even if I end up showing just what bad taste I have! :lol: )

Was the man with the yellow bag the old guy shopping? If so, I liked that one very much.

Was the man with the yellow bag the old guy shopping? If so, I liked that one very much.

I was n't sure if he was shopping or was the shop assistant, but yes, that's the one! It just seems to capture him so well. Although it's a photograph, it somehow feels like a painting to me...acrylics in that sort of flat style (sorry not really very knowledgable about art - hoping Jana does n't use too many long words!)

(sorry not really very knowledgable about art - hoping Jana does n't use too many long words!)

we're going to hit her if she does :yes:

weirdly enugh i like the bike helmet with the feathers, "Icarus", and i am not really a fan of that kind of art.

there were quite a few others, too.

I was n't sure if he was shopping or was the shop assistant, but yes, that's the one! It just seems to capture him so well. Although it's a photograph, it somehow feels like a painting to me...acrylics in that sort of flat style (sorry not really very knowledgable about art - hoping Jana does n't use too many long words!)

:yes: I was trying to work out whether that was a PDQ machine in the picture or whether he was keying in his pin number for a purchase.

It's just a really great piece. There's something almost Norman Rockwell about it - that small town slice of life. I found it strangely touching. A couple of other photos appealed to me - The Trasheaters and Snow White. I think Snow White is my favourite of all the photographs.

My favourite piece is probably the Georgi Tushev painting - the portrait where it appears as though one half of the face is dripping away. Another portrait also caught my attention - the Joshua Hagler one, Portrait of An American Christ.

I am valiantly atruggling to base my opinions entirely on the work and to not be swayed by the pretentious spoutings of some of the artists :roll:

The car covered in toy cars appealed to me - I think because it's just a bit daft.

Another portrait also caught my attention - the Joshua Hagler one, Portrait of An American Christ.

yes, i like that a lot, too.

I am valiantly atruggling to base my opinions entirely on the work and to not be swayed by the pretentious spoutings of some of the artists :roll:

i am not going to read any of it before i haven't looked at everything and have an idea what i like and what not. i really believe a work of art should be accessible by looking at it.

(taht is what really puts me off a lot of modern art - it is more the illuzstration to a text by the artist than something with its own legs to stand on.

i also think this should be in a public forum :lol: but i am waiting for the duck to hear if she agrees, of if maybe she prefers her own rantings (hopefully to come) under cover shock:

(when a duck is under cover, is it under a cuvet then? :huh2: )

:thonk:

i don't mind it being in a public forum, no. :joy:

i will be posting my rants - full of short words, sue; possibly some four-lettered ones :angel: - tomorrow morning. as in, about 6 hours from now.

:lol:

:thonk:

i don't mind it being in a public forum, no. :joy:

i will be posting my rants - full of short words, sue; possibly some four-lettered ones :angel: - tomorrow morning. as in, about 6 hours from now.

:lol:

then i am going to transport this to the Boulevard :yes: i hope you manage to find it there.

(i also hope youo are in bed now :db: )

Another portrait also caught my attention - the Joshua Hagler one, Portrait of An American Christ.

yes, i like that a lot, too.

I know it's shocking, but I did n't pay a lot of attention to who the artists were as I did n't have much time, I just looked at the pictures...but I went back and checked and that was the one I thought it must be and yes, I like it very much!