The Hidden Fortress

Pet Food Recall Information

Guest Mojomama

Guest Mojomama

I just wanted to share with you some information my pets Veterinarian gave to me.

Concerning the contaminated pet foods that have sickened and killed some dogs and cats. :sad:

Here is a list of recalled pet foods:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/petfoodrecall

Pet Food Recall Hotline Phone Number: 1-866-895-2708

Pet Food Recall Website Links:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01590.html

Menu Food Information & Press Release:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall

Guest Mojomama

Extremely infuriating! :evildb:

There is just absolutely no excuse for this!

Just the usual corporate greed at the expense of the innocent animals and their owners.

I guess there is no low they won't stoop to, to make more profits. :mad:

It is terrible. I feel so sorry for the pets and owners affected. It seems to be US and Canada - but I checked for Max and Rio's brand, and it is not listed. Thanks Mojo.

Thank you for posting that, Mojo. It's great to have it all in one easily accessible place.

It just seems that every few days they discover contamination in new foods. One that I got Spike was found to be on the list about a week later. Luckily for us it wasn't a type that I gave him.

I just gave up trying to outguess the potential news when a brand that is all organic and VERY careful about what goes in it's food announced that THEY had been lied to by their supplier and the list of ingredients on the bag was not what they thought.

I now only feed Spike (dog) home made food. I'm still tinkering with the formula but he loves it and is thriving. He is calmer and scratches himself way less.

The cats are more picky but I'm finding things they will eat other than cat kibble....which for some reason they adore! :silly2:

Maybe. Cats are funny. They might be just playing with my head too. If I put a piece of bread or bagel in their dish they ignore it. If there is a loaf of bread or packet of bagels on the table, or anywhere within reach, they chew a hole in the bag and have a nibble. Evil or what?!

I think cats are actually supreme beings...I think they experiment on us and then get together late at night to write up their notes..."experiment 1: bagel frustration. subject: human female. method: miaow for food and when given bagel in dish, ignore it. Later, secure bagel from wrapper. Watch for reaction. result: human female even more confused than originally suspected, but remains affectionate. experiment 1 successful."

I think cats are actually supreme beings...I think they experiment on us and then get together late at night to write up their notes..."experiment 1: bagel frustration. subject: human female. method: miaow for food and when given bagel in dish, ignore it. Later, secure bagel from wrapper. Watch for reaction. result: human female even more confused than originally suspected, but remains affectionate. experiment 1 successful."

:roflmao: sue, you're a genius. :lol: