The Hidden Fortress

I just left FOP

Rain

The place has been bugging me ever since the mass exodus, but to be honest I've been putting up with it for the sake of an easy life.

Muzz has just informed me that she and she alone in the "arbiter of what is acceptable at Fop", so I decided that enough was enough. I told her that I didn't want to stay in a dictatorship and asked her, in a public forum (which will kill her - they do love to use their PM's to sweep things under the carpet) to delete me.

I've been having a pretty crappy time lately, and I think it's just made me realise that life is too short to put up with things which bother me for the sake of politeness. So goodbye FOP.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Candy

Rain, i just red Muzz`post in the "things that make you smile"-thread and i don`t know what to say. the only thing that springs to my mind is dictatorship. or megalomania.

Rain, i just red Muzz`post in the "things that make you smile"-thread and i don`t know what to say. the only thing that springs to my mind is dictatorship. or megalomania.

Isn't it unbelievable? My way or the high way :lol: I'm so glad that she said it all in a public forum so everyone can see what they became a part of when she took over the running of the board.

whoa!! that was quite a post, wasn't it :roll: even for somebody like Muzz.

well, it IS her place. she can say which way to go. nobody has to stay and go along, and i guess some people do like it.

the overall postcount tells a story for itself, though.

do you remember that in the time before we left, we were discussing if it would mean leaving FOP to the Harris family? i think that is precisely what happened. they were too big a group not to make this happen, even if it certainly wasn't planned that way.

well, the web is a free space. isn't it nice to be able to walk away what you do not want to put up with?

:scotch:

well, it IS her place. she can say which way to go. nobody has to stay and go along, and i guess some people do like it.

It is her place, but it's not as though any of the members had any say in that - they just logged in one day to find her in charge. That never sat well with me, and now I know why - she has always enjoyed flaunting her "power" and dubious intellect, and now there is nobody who dare argue with her.

I don't believe I'll miss her, or (rather sadly) the board that was home to us all for so long. If I do find myself missing it, I'll rent some Roy "Chubby" Brown DVD's to remember Dave's tasteful jokes, beat myself over the head with a copy of Shakespeare's complete works, and attempt to educate a can of Spam - should recreate the experience of "new" FOP rather nicely.

Well THAT has torn the biscuit! It's been a long bumpy ride but I just hopped off the FOP rollercoaster too.

I just can't belong to a dictatorship. I'm kinda sad & shaking a bit, :blush2: , but feel it was right.

Blimey. :shock:

Muzz's post was harsh even for her. To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't move the posts to a private forum and carry it on there. Bet you posting your views in public pissed her off more than what you actually said. Had to laugh at her point about posting risque jokes in public :roll:

At least everyone else there knows what they're in for :neutral:

I send you both a big :smooch:

Jude :smooch: so far they didn't delete you, though. i guess they hope to bring you around because you "misunderstand her post".

:roll:

well, and ""There has to be someone in charge or we will be back where we were when GMOMs failed to stop friends making unacceptable posts. " aha. i have the faintest of inklings that was me.

:manic: i love it.

betty they cannot move the posts unless HBB is online. :lol: remember, it is a dangerous science to split threads, or - beware - shorten links. :evil:

Jude and Rain, i hope this didn't upset you too much. i must admit that i found it rather hilarious.

After the first unpleasant adrenaline rush I find I feel quite well. Like I've just given up a bad habit. :chacha:

A bad habit? Ahem, like the Flying Nun's, only in pink? :warpedduck:

well, and ""There has to be someone in charge or we will be back where we were when GMOMs failed to stop friends making unacceptable posts. " aha. i have the faintest of inklings that was meus.

friendsssssss are alwayssssss helpful yessssss? :evildb: