The Hidden Fortress

comments to "Narc goes North"

Mackie

WOW!!! :wow::swoon:

Narc, so beautiful! so many incredible landscapes, so many romantic northern scenes ...

:oh: i am thoroughly delighted. :flower:

i had a good laugh at this:

even i was shocked by how swedish it was, i felt like i was walking around in a german sweden-promotion
:roflmao:

you cannot be very surprised to hear that this is my favourite pic at the moment:

mora.jpg

:heart: you lovely thing, you.

the Seven Sisters are so beautiful ... as is the glacier blue.

it took me a moment to realise why you said your dad was not completely sane :lol:

thank you for taking us along. :star::star::star::star::star:

aw thank you :blush2: i didn't realize how many they were until i started posting but oh well!

i had a good laugh at this:

even i was shocked by how swedish it was, i felt like i was walking around in a german sweden-promotion
:roflmao:

:lol: i finally understood where that cliché image comes from, it isn't so much in the past as i thought. and the germans aren't as misguided as i feared :p

of course they are not :neutral:

:lol:

the silly thing with clichés is that whenever you meet the real source of them they give you a hard time because it is the flipping reality, but even you yourself are shouting "cliché!!!!!!" in your head :p

and Narc - there is no such thing as too many pictures :no: there simpöly cannot be. :manic: i was very pleased to see them. :smooch:

Guest Candy

piccies! :joy:

Narc, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! ... i love your selfportrait, you pretty thing. :smooch: ... and the landscapes are :swoon: (you really have an eye for motives :yes: ) ... i remember Geiranger fjord from my trip to Scandinavia a few years ago ... and the Seven Sisters (did an hideous hiking tour there - i only say flies, million of flies :roll::duck::nosee: ) ... i`m really :green: about your glacier climbing tour :yes: looks very thrilling, one day i want to try it, too. :yes: ... and yes, if your Dad did what i think he did than he is insane :lol:

thanks for taking us along, Narc. :flower:

Guest Candy

it´s lovely to see all those landscapes and plants and sheeps and fjords and, and, and after all the city-picture threads we had lately (not that i don`t like them, i like them very much, it´s a joy to look at them :yes: ) it is just nice to have something completely different to look at. :joy:( do you know what i mean? i have no idea how to explain it elsewise :blush2: )

honestly, that light is just magical. :oh: narc, you gorgeous, brilliant creature you. :smooch: thank you so much for these pictures.

and of course her father's insane. it takes a superior quality of madness to produce the narcs of this world. :yes:

candy, i totally get what you mean about getting something different to see. i got to see these pictures at work after battling mad rain and pythons of traffic. it was so intensely zen to see this incredible natural beauty (which includes our gorgeous narc, naturally :yes: ). :omm:

Thank you so much for sharing these, Narc! What a beautiful place and you really did it justice with your pix. :flower:

First, it's so good to see your lovely face, you look very serene too.

Some of these pix look eerily like places in Oregon and some are breathtakingly different ( the Geiranger fjord is really awesome, in the true sense of that word). I now have a feeling why I feel so "right " here in Oregon as my maternal ancestors come from Sweden & Norway .

The cloud berry is so perfect in itself. :heart:

What are the cottony tassles on stems in the 2 pix on the first page? They look silky.

I love the pic of the washing on the line outside the rustic house.

Eek! The falling rocks sign! We have those on the mountain passes here and some have a kind of wire mesh over the cliffs in the really bad places....do you ave that there?

I have only seen the first 2 pages so far...back later.

That blue glacier is stunning. Your Dad must be very hardy! :lol: He didn't jump in did he? Like those Polar Bear Club members?

Is that your foot all bandaged up? Blisters from walking?

I love the little house with grass growing on the roof. :chacha:

Is the building in post #51 a church, with tombstones? Really interesting building anyway.

and yes, if your Dad did what i think he did than he is insane :lol:

oh he did it, and he did it naked. with a road popular with tourists not too far away. :neutral: didn't quite jump in, more slid.. like a seal.. :p

that's lovely how you feel you are in the 'right place' Jude :heart: the cottony things we call polar wool, it's some sort of cottongrass. I didn't see any mesh in fact, i've seen it in sweden but not there. guess they feel if they put a warning up then suit yourselves :roll:

it is my feet though it was more a preventative action for the glacier climb, those crampons make for very weird pressure. tape worked very well though! and yes it is a church, the best preserved stave church in norway, built in the 12th century. i thought it was

interesting, looks sort of asian.

thank you, very glad you enjoyed the pics :smooch:

oh he did it, and he did it naked. with a road popular with tourists not too far away. :neutral: didn't quite jump in, more slid.. like a seal.. :p

i start freezing just thinking about it :shock::duck:
yes it is a church, the best preserved stave church in norway, built in the 12th century.
and here i was searching for the word ... it is Stab-Kirche in german, so that should have been a hint, shouldn't it :neutral: